Did you know that Philip Morris International is undergoing a revolutionary business transformation? We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We want to change society and deliver a better, smoke-free future. Thanks to the imagination and perseverance of thousands of people at PMI, we have developed smoke-free products that are better alternatives to cigarettes.
And it does not stop there. We are investing in a portfolio of innovative products beyond nicotine. So, whether in new product development, commercialization, operations, science, you name it, we are putting our vision into reality every day and make the change happen, right now.
The mission of our consumer centric organization is to deeply understand consumer needs in order to accelerate the transition of current smokers who don’t quit towards a smoke-free alternative.
The team will achieve this mission through their relentless focus on value-adding activities based on experience from the past, consumer insights and decision-making. The main responsibilities will be
- analyzing data from various sources to identify consumer pain points and delights
- suggest initiatives that will solve the key consumer pains
- end to end ownership and continuous analysis of the consumer journey
- understand the consumer experience at retail
To strengthen this team, we are looking for a Consumer Journey Data analyst that will report to the Voice of Consumer Manager.
Purpose of the role
We are currently looking for a Consumer Journey Data Analyst.
The role consists of consumer data analytics (60%) and organising retail landscape analysis (40%).
As part of the CCO team and reporting to the Voice of Consumer Manager, you are connecting the dots on the continuous incoming consumer feedback, perform deep dive analysis on consumer insights, identify data gaps, propose recommendations on how to fill the gaps and provide consolidated consumer insights from several sources to the organization. You will also assess the consumer experience at retail by organizing retail analysis visits to test the retailer messaging towards our Legal Aged Smokers and will need to create questionnaires and work together with an external agency to arrange the visits.
- Analyse continuous consumer feedback data streams coming from all channels (e.g. Customer Care Team, Direct consumer feedback from B2C force, Consumer feedback from surveys).
- Consolidate & connect the dots between the omni-channel consumer data and provide valuable insights back to the organization for taking action.
- Identify consumer knowledge gaps across the Consumer Journey and propose recommendations on how to collect the data.
- Cooperate closely with other departments (Business Intelligence, Customer Care, Digital, CRM etc) and drive mutual analysis and collaboration
- Align with the country team on the needs for retail analysis visits (e.g. which channels to visits and which messaging to test), prepare the questionnaire for the visits and connect with an external agency to organise the visits.
- Next to these accountabilities, it might be perfect if you also are a pioneer in visualising all the insights and digitalizing the different data sources in order to process consumer data more efficiently and can take adequate actions more quickly (e.g. dashboard creation, apply machine learning / sentiment tracking automation, etc).
Key challenges in the role
What We Are Looking For Key Competencies & Experience
- Ability of putting your teeth into the data by doing deep dives but also bringing this back to a higher level in order to make sure the insights become understandable and actionable.
- Work cross-functionally and be able to continuously collaborate with other departments that have data which can help create a bigger picture
- Constantly stand up for the ‘voice of the consumer’’. Live for and defend insights-driven decisions.
- Strong consumer focused mindset
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to details
- Adopt a curious mindset and passionate by connecting the dots in the benefit of our consumers
- Excellent communication skills at all levels in the organisation, able to present insights in an easy and understandable way
- Cross collaboration with departments that also have data & with external suppliers
- Fluency in English required, Dutch reading ability is a necessaty as well.
- Extra advantage if you have competencies in visualizing data and creating dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree (economics, mathematics) or equivalent by experience
- Proven expertise in (consumer) analytics
- Advanced user of MS Office applications, especially MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of digitalizing consumer data by using new technologies (e.g. machine learning / sentiment tracking) will be an advantage
What will the selection process look like?
Talent Acquisition (TA) will perform an initial screening to assess whether candidates match with the defined vacancy requirements. If this is the case, the candidate will be invited for 2 competency-based (virtual) interviews.
In parallel, you will be asked to complete online assessment tests*. At the end of the process, each candidate will receive the assessment results, as well as actionable feedback for their further development.
The tests are integrated in the selection process to increase objectivity of the final decision making. The assessment tests for this role is a cognitive ability test. The results will not be saved in the employee’s file, and will only be used in the context of the vacancy for which the employee is applying. Results are therefore not used for purposes of performance evaluation.
- Cognitive Ability Test Report links under three headings
- Deductive reasoning (measuring the ability drawing logical conclusions)
- Inductive reasoning (measuring conceptual and analytical thinking)
- Numerical reasoning (measuring capacity to understand numerical data and interpret mathematical information correctly)