NE Digital is the digital, data and technology organization that serve as a center of excellence to drive digital transformation for our group of NTUC Social Enterprises to meet the critical social needs of Singapore's community. Delivering innovative products and solutions, we empower our people to lead a better and meaningful life through digital services in the area of daily essentials, health and community care, childcare and education as well as financial services.
We believe that diversity is key to driving an innovative, cohesive, productive and fun workplace! Hence, at NE Digital our people join us from all around the world. Be sure to be soaked in an environment with different ethnic groups driving innovation and injecting some creative juice as one!
Contributing to a social purpose through technology, our team of passionate and dedicated folks are spread into different social enterprises such as NTUC Fairprice Group, NTUC First Campus, NTUC Health and among others!
Creating technologies that impacts!
NE Digital is currently hiring for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Fairprice Group.
At FairPrice, we are continuously improving the way people buy their groceries online. As a Data Scientist of the Orders and Logistics team, you will bring your expertise and knowledge to help build and support the order fulfilment flow for our online groceries platform.
You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager of the Orders and Logistics team. Alongside the product team (designers and business owners), you will help scope and brainstorm new product requirements to deliver the best experience to our customers.
- Working with business/data analyst/product manager and provide your data science expertise to address identified analytic opportunities, including analytical approaches, data, and technology requirements for the different business unit and corporate function
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to plan, identify and collect data from multiple systems to support the analytic
- Working with data engineer team to build and automate of the data workflows such as extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) to transform raw data for analytics purpose
- Working with machine learning engineer team to deploy analytical/optimization solutions to realize the business value
- Research and experiment new technologies from vendors and identify opportunities to enable data science capabilities
- Help the development of data science practice such as playbooks, standardized framework, guidelines, library and tools that will allow our data practitioners to perform their work in a structured, standard manner
- Contribute to our internal analytic community networks and special interest groups to upskill staff
- Phd/Master in Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Finance, Engineering
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, data mining or machine learning
- Practical experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Ability to think analytically and deliver results that drive business decision making
- Team player to build strong business partnerships
- Have competency in one or more of the following programming languages or tools: Python, R, Spark, Hive, Impala Pig or Scala
- Experience or knowledge in AWS/GCP environment will be a plus
- Ability to write production code will be an advantage
- Prepared to take on new challenges and ad-hoc requests that need a quick turn-around
- Interested in the direct-to-consumer industry
Please note that your application will be sent to and reviewed by the direct employer - NE Digital