The role and the team
We are a cross-functional team combining software engineering and data expertise. Our long term plan is to make HelloFresh an industry leader in experimentation. As a data-driven company, experiments are a critical part of our decision making process. This role therefore has the potential for organization-wide impact.
Together, we’ll develop the solutions and support our customers to increase the speed and power of experimentation at HelloFresh. Our tech stack includes modern data processing pipelines, cloud microservices for allocation management, third party tools for experiment configuration and statistical analysis, and SDK integrations for web, backend, and mobile platforms.
What you’ll do
- Guarantee the timely delivery of a high-quality data product to our internal customers
- Set and achieve performance targets for our end-to-end data architecture
- Collaborate closely with teams running experiments, supporting them in adopting our tools, investigating issues, and getting to actionable results faster
- Drive improvements to our data product for the benefit of experiment owners and analysts
- Advocate for data quality, data governance, and data product thinking
- Work together with our cross-organizational data engineering chapter to adapt the latest tools and techniques to the needs of HelloFresh, from Delta Lake to Data Mesh
What you’ll bring
- Industry experience building and working with experimentation platforms, data processing pipelines for business KPIs, and metric layer technology
- Extensive experience in software engineering and the ability to design, implement, and deliver maintainable, high-quality code in Python/PySpark
- Ability to deliver scalable, production-ready solutions in close collaboration with a product team
- Ownership mindset, especially concerning operational objectives and customer focus
- Extensive experience with cloud computing and data processing technologies such as Spark, Amazon EMR, Kubernetes, and Kafka
- Mastery of SQL and query optimization techniques
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing solutions
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better.
We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
Interacting with front-end developers, designers, product managers and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of platforms and environments, while also acting as an ambassador to coach team members and stakeholders.What We Offer
Are you up for the challenge?
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.