Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other developers, architects, and machine learning engineers in an agile environment. You will be integrating 3rd party data platforms and building batch and streaming data pipelines for our target cloud data platform (Databricks) and our current enterprise data warehouse (DB2). You will build a variety of services that drive intelligence into our internal and external products and platforms. You will work with
scrum team members delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting difficult problems. You will get to work with massive data sets and learn to apply the latest big data technologies on a leading-edge platform.
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable.
- Peer reviewing other team members’ code.
- Attend stand-ups with key stakeholders – communicating the status of development and raising any potential risks as early as possible.
- Produce clear and concise documentation where required.
- Continuous learning.
- Sharing technical knowledge with other members of the Data Engineering Team.
- Cultivating an understanding of the Gaming industry and playing our games to appreciate the players’ experience and the context for our data solutions.
- Some 2nd Line on-call support
Competencies and experience required:
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience
- Demonstrable experience of data processing such as Python and Java.
- Experience of Cloud engineering - GCP, AWS, etc.
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience.
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles.
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to translate technical descriptions into something that can be understood by a non-technical business-facing team member.
- A keenness to understand how the technical task at hand translates into business value.
- An innovator who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner.
- Exposure to Databricks.
- Delivering services as docker containers.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and streaming.
- An interest or experience in the gambling industry.
What's in it for You:
- Competitive salary with annual performance bonus
- 5% pension contribution for 4% personal contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Monthly wellness program
- 25 days holiday
- Access to exciting educational opportunities (internal, conferences, courses, certifications)
- Need something for your home office? Whether it’s a new mouse, desk or chair, we’re here to support you with a productive and safe home working space
- Remote friendly environment giving you flexibility to work from home and office
We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Bally's Interactive and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.