This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
Within GM, Global Connected Services (GCS) and Customer Experience (CX) focus on providing world class customer experiences and maximizing the value delivered by connected vehicle services such as OnStar, SiriusXM and the MyBrand App.
The Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) operates to provide analytics, data and business intelligence support to businesses across the company. At the intersection of these two, the CDAO business facing team uses both business and technical knowledge to deliver value to CX and GCS.Roles and Responsibilities
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications:
- The Business Data Analyst will partner with the business to deliver data and analytic support to new apps/features and a suite of in-vehicle technology enhancements.
- Collaborate with business and IT leaders to develop plans for analytic projects that solve business problems and can be operationalized to drive tangible business value.
- Solve business problems using data driven solution and obsess to achieve client satisfaction
- Continuously enable to new solution trends and develop the skills for self and enable the practice to build the skills.
- Enterprising attitude to solve problems in creative ways and curiosity to learn new things
- Awareness of data engineering processes and workflows
- Translate the needs of business customers to technical requirements for Data Scientist, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence teams.
- Define customer engagement and usage KPIs to deliver insights that enable strategic decision making and future investment.
- Build work related to strategy, roadmap, critical metric definition, reporting and dashboards.
- Provide support to analytical projects from conception to completion with high velocity and quality.
- Find, profile, manipulate and visualize data to support ongoing business intelligence needs and future projects to productionize such work.
- 5+ years of experience translating business needs to analytic solutions using raw data and turning it into compelling stories to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Proficient with SQL and Python and adept with crafting and deploying reports with PowerBI and Python.
- Very strong data exploration, manipulation and visualization experience.
- Experience as a data engineer and/or data scientist.
- Proven experience working with sophisticated data and analytics projects as the primary liaison with business partners/leaders.
- A proclivity for quantitative concepts, including academic/professional experience in one or more of the following fields: computer science, mathematics, finance, statistics, physics, engineering, bio-statistics, cognitive or neurosciences, behavioral economics, econometrics.
- Capacity to develop & maintain relationships with peers and business partners.
- Believes in the power of innovation through differing viewpoints and approaches and thrives in a collaborative, flexible, agile, and transparent atmosphere.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains, understand business needs and grasp new tools and approaches.
- Strong business domain knowledge - customer experience, marketing research, business analytics, sales/marketing analytics.
- Skilled with statistical and machine learning concepts around sampling, data profiling and supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the Unites States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship.
- Certified in Agile methodologies like SAFe.
Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $109,283.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.