What Business Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Analysis is responsible for deeply understanding the business in multiple functional areas and across Business Units, as well as understanding the application landscape and capabilities. They maintain relationships with the business and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. They align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems enable the desired value.
- Knows and executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods. Knows emerging trends.
- Defines requirements in accordance with SDP/SDLC, management and project/product scope. Ensures problem statements and objectives are clearly defined. Ensures requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
- Leads elicitation sessions using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates the team through the analysis of, and makes recommendations towards, complex business decisions.
- Mediates across different IT teams utilizing knowledge of IT and roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
augmented Intelligence (augIntel) builds automation, analytics and artificial intelligence solutions that drive success for Cardinal Health by creating material savings, efficiencies and revenue growth opportunities. The team drives business innovation by leveraging emerging technologies and turning them into differentiating business capabilities.
Develop an understanding of the various business processes involved in the functional areas they are assigned to deliver differentiating augIntel solutions. This role requires a thorough business process analysis understanding of existing workflows and systems, supports the documentation of current processes and systems, and supports the creation of requirements for new augIntel solutions. Furthermore, the Business/Data Analyst will provide exceptional guidance on various initiatives to identify, analyze, and translate business problems into paradigm-shifting digital solutions, i.e. solutions that significantly improve the resolution of existing business problems leveraging augIntel technology (automation, algorithms). This role will be heavily involved in experimentation and innovation to fail fast and deliver game-changing business solutions.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives and strategies (including business and data context) to identify opportunities where data repositories, machine learning models, and artificial intelligence algorithms can be leveraged to achieve the dramatic business benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes business data including: locating, collecting, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, mining, transforming, validating or modeling from various internal and external data sources.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality including anomalies, errors, patterns, trends, and insights.
- Communicates complex information (business and IT) so that it is easy to understand and influences others to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Working across business users, analytics teams, data engineers, and data scientists, develops data needs and process flows to generate innovative ideas that are predictive and prescriptive (well beyond “what happened?”)
- Understands and works with business partners to define data domains, data ownership, data governance, and data taxonomies in conjunction with CAH data governance practices
- Experience in data modeling and data visualizations that visually present complex data and/or metric relationships to users for exploration, analysis and action
- Actively collaborates with data engineers, modelers, data scientists and business leaders to provide design input and rapid prototypes
- Strong customer focus and interaction to listen to users, explore the data, and present multiple alternatives to meet solution objectives.
- Works on and may lead complex activities of large data scope areas, providing solutions which may set a precedent
- Experience analyzing data leveraging SQL, R, Python to data models in GCP (BigQuery, BigTable, AtScale) while producing concepts in data visualization tools or algortims
- Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms on GCP
- Agile development skills and experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Concourse, Jenkins
- Ability to analyze large datasets and write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving with strong attention to detail combined with big-picture thinking
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.