Trailstone is a global energy and technology company, operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. We trade energy in global markets, and we provide a best-in-class service to manage the inherent intermittency of renewable power generation across the short, medium and long term.
As an energy trader, we buy and sell electricity and gas which is physically delivered on the grids, and we leverage our physical market knowledge to trade financial commodities.
As a provider of renewable energy management services, we take on the complexity of managing renewable power across different countries so that our customers can focus on their core mission of investment and growth. Trailstone offers an efficient, fully automated front-to-back renewable power management platform underpinned by our long-standing market experience, proprietary technology, data analytics and meteorology.
About the role
As a Data Analyst, you will help manage data software and processes throughout their lifecycle. You will work with analysts, developers, and business teams to improve the availability, accuracy, and usability of Trailstone's data from multiple internal and external sources. You will be a point person and SME for Trailstone's including weather, power, and energy market data.
Duties include managing the ingestion and processing of data into structured and unstructured datasets, as well as working with business and technical teams to ensure data is used efficiently to solve business problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Derive insights from Trailstone's energy, market, and weather data to improve analytics
- Establish best practices for data utilization and access for analytics and development
- Work with large datasets in SQL and Python, and helping others understand the data
- Improve Data accessibility for business decision making
- Provide day-to-day data analytics support for business, research, and development teams
What We Want To See
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate data concepts to both technical and business users
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Solid knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (including user stories, backlog refinement and definition of done)
- Proven track record of project ownership and driving results end-to end
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Familiarity with energy markets and trading
- Experience with C#/.NET programing
Who You Are
- You are customer obsessed
- You have strong communication skills
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
We're different, and we like it that way!
Here at Trailstone, we value our differences. In fact, our success depends upon them.
Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions. Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas. And it is our ideas that will make Trailstone a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
By our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Trailstone is creating value for our employees, our investors, and our communities.
So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here!