[[London - North Acton]]
Our passion at Currys is helping everyone enjoy the latest tech. We’re proud of the service levels we provide for our customers – online, in-store or in their homes. And it’s all down to our people, 30,000+ capable and committed colleagues, learning together, growing together, making us amazing and celebrating the wins.
iD Mobile is one of the UKs largest MVNO businesses with more than 1m customers. We are part of Currys PLC and have our products positioned on almost every high street in the UK as well as through our online platform.
The Business Intelligence team at iD Mobile has been undergoing through a large transformation over the last 18 months and are looking for our first Data Scientist to join the team to help grow out our Data Science capability.
- Design and develop analytical solutions to high value business problems
- Deliver complete analytics products including user interfaces, analytical components (predictive / machine learning models) and back end databases
- Work closely with the data engineers driving best practise and adoption of industry standards in the Data Engineering and Data Science domain
- Contribute to the wider data community as an analytical expert alongside data engineers
- Be a subject matter expert and thought leader for “Advanced Analytics” at iD Mobile, cutting through the buzz-words and advising key stakeholders on optimal direction of travel.
- Be an ambassador for iD Mobile in the external data community
- Work with a wide range of business functions including Operations, Trading, Commercial Finance, Customer, Marketing, CRM and Digital
- Hands-on experience in both Data Engineering and Data Science (retail/telco sector preferable) operating in a cloud environment – GCP/Azure/AWS
- A strong understanding of Python / R /SQL as well as an understanding of the wider eco-system of development patterns. We will expect you to be the subject matter expert in these areas.
- Experience of implementing a data science approach including a working knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Consulting experience preferred
- Experience working with database architecture, relational databases, data modelling, data profiling, data warehousing principles and integrity constraints – required as a member of the wider BI team.
- Strong communication skills, capable of presenting complex technical solutions to non-technical customers
- Proven experience of building analytics to deliver business value
- Comfort with presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
We're one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
- Onsite gym with free membership
- Onsite subsidised canteen and starbucks
- Competitive pension scheme
- Staff discounts and offers.
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.
Click Apply to start your jounrney.