San Antonio, TX (Corporate) - San Antonio, TX
Position Description:The Data Engineer Identifies designs and implements internal process improvements including redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
Our Company Promise
We are committed to providing our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Vighters Mission is to provide efficient, fast, high quality healthcare staffing to our clients.
Our Cultureskey elementsare crucial to the effectiveness of our employees in accomplishing our mission. The key elements include:
Creating and cultivating this Culture within the organization is our commitment to our employees. Above all, Vighter employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude that they are expected to share externally with every Vighter Client and Customer.
Vighter LLCis looking for a The Data Engineer who develops and maintains data processing software-like databases and creates a unique data infrastructure, running tests on their designs to isolate errors and updating systems to accommodate changes in company needs. The Data Engineer will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data system, striving for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
CBPs Office of the Chief Medical Office (OCMO) employs a family medicine model to provide frontline medical care for persons in CBP custody. This model provides a team of medical professionals comprised of physicians, advanced practice providers (e.g., physicians assistants, nurse practitioners), clinical support staff (e.g., Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs, Certified Medical/Nursing Assistants), and other support staff (Patient Safety Risk Managers and Electronic Health Records Specialists). These contracted medical teams provide basic assessment and medical treatment for persons in CBP custody to include emergency care as needed. OCMO is committed to ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and accountable through surveillance and monitoring activities that are in place.
- Bachelors degree in information technology, Computer Science, or related field required.
- Vendor specific certificate (Google Certified Professional Data Engineer, IBM Certified Data Engineer, Clouderas CCP Data Engineer) preferred.
- Understanding and experience using software and tools including big data tools like Kafka, Spark and Hadoop; relational NoSQL and SQL databases including Cassndra and Pastgres; workflow management and pipeline tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Azkaban; AWS close services including Redshift, RDS, EMR and EC2; stream-processing systems like Spark-Streaming and Storm; and object function/object-oriented scripting languages including Scala, C++, Java and Python.
- Knowledge of programming languages in combination with business needs to design, monitor and update data systems for corporations.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Experience as a data engineer or a similar role.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Google Workspace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, big data data pipelines and architectures business requirements.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions.
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets.
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata.
- Assembles large, complete sets of data that meet non-functional business requirements.
- Identifies designs and implements internal process improvements including redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Builds required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies.
- Builds analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Works with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Works with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues.
- Combines raw information from different sources.
- Analyzes and organizes raw data.
- Interprets trends and patterns.
- Prepares data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
- Explores ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Identifies opportunities for data acquisition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under the administrative direction of the Data/Technology Manager.
- Able to walk, stand, bend, or sit for extended periods.
- Able to reach to retrieve documents or supplies.
- Able to carry materials and/or file boxes up to 30 pounds at times.
Vighter LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.