At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.The opportunity
We are seeking a Manager – Data Scientist. We are seeking passionate, entrepreneurial individuals to join us on an exciting journey of evolving our next generation Data Science and Big Data platform and building an expanding set of Managed Data Science Services across multiple industries.
You will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. We’ll look to you to provide our clients with a unique business perspective on how data science and analytics can transform and improve their entire organization - starting with key business issues they face. This is a high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.Your Key Responsibilities
The role will be responsible for proactively identifying AI and Machine Learning opportunities within Client portfolios, building, and validating, deploying and monitoring advanced descriptive, predictive and prescriptive machine learning models, including Risk Management, Customer Experience and Journey analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Churn Management, Next Best Action and many others.Skills And Attributes For Success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Effectively partner with Clients to understand and anticipate their needs and guide them towards building AI and Machine Learning solutions delivering both short-term wins and identifying long-term opportunities for managed data science services
- Build, validate, deploy, monitor, and provide DevOps support for a set of AI/Machine Learning models and services for both internal POCs and Client production initiatives, including Risk Management, Customer Experience and Journey analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Churn Management, Next Best Action and many others.
- Leverage commercial and open-source AI, Machine Learning, Big Data ecosystem tools, BI, Visualization and Discovery tool to deliver advanced models and other Data Science solutions. Specific tools will include (but not limited to), full SAS stack, R, Python, Scala, Java, Spark SQL/ML/MLLib/GraphX, Data Science Notebooks and Workbenches, Azure Machine Learning, Tableau, Datameer, and other tools
- Proactively monitor and tune AI / Machine Learning model performance, manage champion/challenger models to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Ensure all AI/Machine Learning models are properly packaged and documented for deployment. Participate in client training and knowledge transfer as required.
- Ensure all solutions comply with the highest levels of security, privacy and data governance requirements as outlined by EY and Client legal and information security guidelines, law enforcement, and privacy legislation, including data anonymization, encryption, and security in transit and at rest and others as applicable
- Effectively leverage continuous integration, continuous development and continuous deployment agile and DevOps tools and processes to deliver and support advanced Data Science and Big Data solutions and services, including Git, Jira, Jenkins and others as required
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert and a Thought Leader, continuously following industry trends, the latest competitive developments, and delivering papers and presentations at major industry conferences and events.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A degree in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of extensive experience building Predictive Machine Learning and AI models for Customer Experience, Customer Journey analytics, Customer Segmentation, Churn modeling, Lookalike Modeling, or equivalent use cases
- 3+ years of experience with Text Mining, NLP, and Sentiment Analysis
- 3+ years of production experience with SAS platform, including, Base, Stat, ETS and other core packages, client tools – Enterprise Guide (EG), Enterprise Miner (EM), Visual Analytics (VA), Visual Statistics (VS), SAS Studio
- Experience in all or some of the following scripting languages: Python, R, SAS, Java, C++, SPSS, MATLAB.
- Proficiency and an in-depth understanding of the Predictive Modeling Lifecycle and best practices for feature engineering, model development and tuning (hyper-parameter, ensemble modeling techniques, deep learning), model validation, model deployment packaging, model management and performance monitoring
- Team lead experience managing Junior and Senior Data Scientists
- Data Scientist certification, including Hadoop, Spark or equivalent production experience
- Experience running SAS 9.4 on Hadoop – SAS/Access or in-database SAS HPA
- Experience with Open-source AI / Machine Learning / Data Science tools – R, Python, Spark. Including experience working with Notebooks (Zeppelin, Jupyter) and Data Science Workbenches (Azure, DSX)
- Experience with Spark-based machine learning, including Spark SQL, ML, MlLib, GraphX
- Knowledge and/or keen interest in topics such as:
- Banking products and services and/or investment products and the key risks associated with these
- Risk management practices across major risk types such as Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk
- Risk quantification methods for market risk (e.g. Value-at-Risk, Expected Shortfall) credit risk (e.g. PD, LGD and EAD)
- Sustainable finance, including the incorporation of ESG factors into key risk management policies, processes, methodologies, quantitative models and tools
- Risk-based business planning and performance measurement
- Financial analysis, key performance indicators, and financial accounting
- Regulatory requirements in the banking industry
- Quantitative & other programming, (e.g. R, Python, SAS, SPSS, SQL) and valuation platforms (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, FinCAD or SuperDerivatives)
What We Look For
- An advanced degree (Masters or a PhD) in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience consulting in the utility or retail sector on Data Science projects will be an advantage
- Experience with Deep Learning on CPUs and GPUs, including ANN, CNN, RNN frameworks like TensorFlow/Keras, MXNet or equivalent would be an asset.
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning would be an asset.
- Experience with SAS Risk and Finance modeling modules and workbenches would be an asset.
- Experience with SAS Decision Manager would be an asset.
- Experience with SAS Text Mining and Sentiment Analysis (SA) would be an asset.
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Team management on Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data projects
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Data Science and Big Data industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.What EY Offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.