With over 50 years’ experience in the travel market, we have a presence in 35 countries and more than 550 brands in our portfolio. We have the capability to deliver world-class food and beverage outlet programmes based on the highest levels of customer service, quality of food and environment.
At SSP, our ambition is to be the leading food and beverage provider in travel locations worldwide. To help us deliver this, we have a set of values and behaviours to inspire us all to create a more positive company culture where everyone feels valued by their managers, cares more about each other and about our customers.
Our Mission & Ambition:
- To give our customers an experience that exceeds their expectations and that clients know cannot be matched.
- To be recognised as the leading Food & Beverage operator in travel locations worldwide
Our Values are:
- We are one team
- We are results focused
- We all make a difference
- We are bold
- We celebrate success
We have an in-depth understanding of our diverse customer base; our insights into food and beverage trends mean we have created an extensive range of brands and concepts that we can run in operationally demanding, high-volume travel locations.
SSP are undergoing a technology transformation with board support for IT investment. We have a portfolio of strategic priorities and a clear vision. We want an experienced and energetic Data Engineer to join Group Digital and Technology as part of the Analytics team. The Data Engineer will become a member of a new engineering practice delivering strategic analytics and insight solutions for the SSP business.
We are modernising our core systems of record and enabling digital and technology innovation. A key aspect to this journey is the data driven enterprise, with data management, analytics and insight and intelligent solutions as fundamental building blocks. In the Data Engineer role, you will need to develop high quality data integration solutions primarily with Microsoft Azure data and BI services and Microsoft Integration Services.
As a Data Engineer you will need to operate in a fast paced, agile environment. Our strategic analytics and insight tools and solutions will be delivered incrementally proving value and suitability. This will be a new engineering team therefore you will also have the opportunity to shape and develop ways of working, tooling and engineering practices.
- Assist in establishing required data infrastructure
- Design, develop and test data resilient and performant ingestion components
- Establish and develop greenfield Azure implementation
- Enable the business to be more effective in using data
- Problem solving with business stakeholders
- Write and communicate data and analytics documentation
- Support and maintain effective operational running of data integration systems
- Work to develop and adhere to the Agile software engineering methodology
- Maintain strong technical and industry knowledge of engineering best practices, data and analytics technology
- Undertake 3rd line support responsibilities where required including out of hours support.
- Responsible for continued development where needed on our legacy on premise SQL solutions (SQL Server, Integration Services).
- Experience of working in a data integration and BI role
- Strong engineering experience in Azure data and BI services
- Software engineering best practices e.g. version control
- Working with big and/or unstructured datasets in big data platform (e.g. Microsoft Data Lake, Spark)
- Data modelling tools and techniques
- MSSQL T-SQL and Integration Services development experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience working with devops tooling
- Structured approach to documentation and interpreting business requirements.
- Experience of testing applications, manually or through automation technologies.
- Effective communication skills
- A passion for working with data to solve business problems and create new opportunities
- Powershell / .NET / C# programming
- Python, R or other similar programming languages
- Mulesoft development and API design
- Retail, Food & Beverage or Hospitality industry experience
- Experience using data within an analytics environment from core enterprise solutions including Oracle Simphony, SAP S4, SAP SuccessFactors.
This role will be based in our shared service offices in Rubery, Birmingham (B45 9PZ)
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.
Job Reference: HO 00100