This position requires a Bachelor's Degee in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Big data engineering, ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture
- Expert-level skills in writing SQL and query performance tuning.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive/Spark/EMR, Redshift, Teradata etc
- Proficiency in one of the scripting languages - python, ruby, java or similar
- Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience operating very large data warehouses and data lakes and building data pipelines
The AMZL FinTech team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team in Bellevue. AMZL is Amazon’s last mile delivery organization – you order your goods, and we deliver them! Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position. In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of next generation data engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with data scientists, BIEs, PMs, and BAs to deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Provide operational support for critical systems
- Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes .
- Experience in large-scale data warehousing projects using AWS technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Lambda) - design and implement batch data processing pipelines, knows how to optimize the distribution, partitioning, and MPP of high-level data structures.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.