Looking to work in an international company focused on the biggest IT companies with more than 45 different nationalities & languages where collaboration and innovative ideas are key to driving future success?
BNZSA is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Team. The hire will be responsible for optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, taking care of improving data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The Data Engineer will sit in the Data Science team and support the data collection, manipulation and analysis cross.
The Data Engineer will support the re-design of internal processes and might be involved in the automation of tasks for the operations team.
They must be comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.Main Responsibilities
- Work within the data science team and very closely with our Data Scientists to support greater functionality in our data systems and models;
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc;
- Develop, test and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures (such as large-scale processing systems) and ensure that these meet business requirements;
- Assemble large, complex data sets leveraging internal and external data sources;
- Build or support the infrastructure required for optimal ETL from a wide variety of data sources using appropriate technologies.
- Understand and address data security issues.
We are looking for a candidate with education in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.They should also have working experience using the following software/tools:
Additional desired skills:
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Postgres, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, etc.
- AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift) and/or Google Cloud Services;
- Scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Good knowledge of software architecture design for larger scale scripts;
- Time management and organizational skills: the candidate will have to be able to scope projects and pro-actively understand projects opportunities;
- Ability to produce documentation;
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, preferably in Media;
- Microsoft Excel (some knowledge or previous experience of VBA is also a plus)
- Ability to analyse and gain insights from data;
- Interest in Data Visualization;
- An understanding of machine learning and statistical modelling techniques;
- Advanced Spanish & English
- The place of residence must be located in the Madrid Region (Comunidad de Madrid)
- Able to work legally in Spain (full-time)
Monday to Thursday:
08:00h – 17:00h (1-hour lunch break)
08:00h – 14:00hWhat we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Possibility of working from home in Madrid with corporate IT equipment
- Internal training provided by the company
- Good working atmosphere – people from all over the world
- Free language courses: Spanish, French and English
- Free cooking, Yoga, and fitness courses + access to a company physiotherapist
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- Free access to Learning platform (Skillsoft’s Percipio )
- Free breakfast before work
- Barbecue on Friday afternoon