- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 6+ years of work experience in using SQL and databases
- Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses.
- Strong data modelling skills.
- Solid experience in at least one reporting Tool, preferably Quicksight
- Experience with distributed computing technology .e.g., Redshift, S3, NoSQL Databases such as DynamoDB
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
- Proven track record of automating tasks
- Experience with Tax Solution is a plus
- English work proficiency.
- Solid communication skills and team player.
- Track record for quickly learning new technologies
- Passion for learning and using new technologies
- Thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment
Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build data engineering solutions that process billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access?
Amazon's Finance Technology team is seeking an outstanding Data Engineer to join the team that is shaping the future of the finance data platform. The team is committed to building the next generation big data platform that will be one of the world's largest finance data warehouse to support Amazon's rapidly growing and dynamic businesses, and use it to deliver the BI applications which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands data that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Our platform serves Amazon's finance, tax and accounting functions for Brazil.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms.You should be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. The individual is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using them to provide new functionality to the users or to scale the existing platform. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the person will work very closely with diverse teams. Having strong analytical skills is a plus. Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create world's largest financial data warehouses and BI tools for Amazon's expanding global footprint.Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
- Interface with tax, finance and accounting customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- Knowledge of Big Data Solutions. Experience with Hadoop, Hive or Pig.
- Experience with Redshift and other AWS services.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience with Java and Map Reduce frameworks such as Hive/Hadoop.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.