Position Title:Data Analyst
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Requisition ID: 6216
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength – and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
The Data Analyst manages data analysis and usage requirements and focuses on data- and integration-intensive initiatives. Primary responsibilities include understanding data analysis and integration requirements to guide solution design and architecture to meet these needs within the IT transformation program.
How You’ll Help
- Develop understanding of as-is & to-be business process to drive supporting master data decisions that maintain best practices as its guiding principle
- Collect Data Requirements through workshops with project functional teams and subject matter experts from the business
- Collaborate with the data team on data construction and cleansing activities to support the IT transformation program
- Work within the data team to create & execute data conversion procedures and complete the validation of conversion results.
- Works alongside key stakeholders to put data processing solutions into production environment
- Support the Data Functional Lead in the creation of the master data management governance model
- Support the Data Functional Lead in the execution of the data governance vision and strategy across the business
- Identify data management stakeholders, establish decision rights, clarify accountabilities
- Sets and manages the adherence to targets for availability, integrity, and timeliness of core data to underpin the timely and accurate business decision making
- Will work closely with the Enterprise Architect and Business Intelligence leads to drive meaningful use of data within the organization
Your Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in business, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of business/systems
- Five years of experience as a business or data analyst.
- Proficient using technology, like Excel, to review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships with ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to gain consensus, meet deadlines and achieve goals and objectives
- Significant analytical and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail required
- Demonstrated ability to influence change
- Demonstrated collaboration with multiple business functions
- Strong team consensus building capabilities
- English, other languages would be considered an asset
Travel and Mobility:
- Must be able to travel to the PMO office Monday to Thursday for the duration of the project as required to support program deliverables
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John