El Segundo, CA (California)A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?Responsibilities
Our group studies the use of data science to attempt solving engineering problems that we thought were impossible to solve. We are pushing the limits of the achievable to meet the theoretically possible and we are looking for engineers and computer scientists that are passionate about the field of machine learning to join our team.Team Platypus Aerospace (Google us) is growing and looking for curious minds that are not afraid to ask what if? Can you design a radio using neurons instead of traditional communication algorithms? Can you create an adversarial neural network attack or create a classifier that is robust to state-of-the-art attacks? Can you detect anomalies on a satellite bus or a telecommunication system? Can you find image patterns where everyone else can’t? We have a group of experienced engineers and data scientists that are actively working on these real-world problems.We are looking for engineers with a solid theoretical background and knowledge of the latest trends in machine learning concepts and architectures. To work in our group, you need to be extremely hands-on: we go beyond analysis and simulation to build working intelligent ML prototypes. You also need to be excited about exploring fields and concepts that may be out of your comfort zone.Let’s do it!Key Functions
- Work in an engineering team whose main objective is to build intelligent radios
- Experience in Data Science which includes: data-centric problem formulation, data cleaning hands-on experience as well as classification, regression and reinforcement learning knowledge
- Conduct specialized technical studies, lead internal research and development efforts
- Candidate should be eager to explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem-solving
- We are looking for a person who can work and potentially lead small groups of engineers. The nature of our work requires the candidate to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- We expect the chosen candidate to be able to be an active software developer in some of the programming languages described below and to pass a coding interview
- Minimum of 12 years of experience since obtaining a bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Extensive experience in data science projects.
- Demonstrated strength in engineering problem solving using supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning for classification and regression problems.
- Strength in more than one of the following programming languages: Python, C++, Golang.
- Strength and demonstrated experience with Machine Learning libraries in any language including TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Keras, Theano, PyTorch, Veles, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university.
- Hands-on experience implementing data-science solutions in Python.
- Familiarity with GNU Radio.
- Experience in implementing data science algorithms on GPUs.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Current and active Secret or Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information access (TS/SCI).
- Active competitor in Kaggle-like competitions.
NoneAdditional Requisition DetailsSystem Job Title:
ENGRG SPCLST SRClearance Requirement:
Full TimeCompany Statement
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Database, Telecom, Telecommunications, Scientific, Engineer, Technology, Engineering