Eastspring is a global asset manager with Asia at its core. We create a culture in which diversity is celebrated and inclusion assured, for our colleagues, customers, and partners. We provide a platform for our people to do their best work and make an impact to the business, and in exchange, we support our people's career ambitions. We pledge to make Eastspring a place where you can Connect, Grow and Succeed.Key Accountabilities
Experience / Qualifications
- A core team member of Data & AI, responsible for the collective success of the team and the company. The Data & AI team consist of various domain experts including Data Engineers, Data Developers and Data Analysts to perform multi-disciplinary, interrelated activities
- Primarily work with business partners (internal) to identify, prioritise, and deliver on their most pressing and impactful use case, and manage expectations accordingly. Able to see the big picture and switch context easily. The business partners include functions from Distribution, Investments, ESG, COO, Finance & Legal, Risk & Compliance, and HR
- Understand the Data & AI solutions and architecture inside out and able to evangelise how data can be applied to enable the company strategy
- Gather, rationalise, and document requirements. Act as a subject matter expert and able to advise optimal solutions while prioritising scalability and automation
- Responsible for the smooth delivery of data projects end-to-end. Collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Developers, and IT to deliver the requirements. Guide Data Stewards and Data Owners in ensuring data quality and addressing operational or data issues during implementation. Educate end users in using the developed products. Escalate issues or blockers that may arise
- Deliver consistent, accurate, and quality work. Communicate information and findings in a clear and compelling way
- At least 5 years of related working experience, e.g., in the areas of Data & AI projects. Familiar with data management framework and data architecture
- Experience in managing stakeholders and requirements
- Experience in asset management data, e.g., portfolio, security, positions, transactions, cash flows, client, performance, risks
- Experience in business intelligence and data analysis. Proficient with data wrangling, analytics, and transformation using tools such as Python, SQL, and Power Query. A strong understanding of Power BI is a plus
- CFA Level 1-3, or good understanding of asset management, is a plus
GENERAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
Eastspring is an equal opportunity employer.
- Inquisitive, analytical, and problem solver
- Attentive to details and comfortable dealing with complex datasets, structured and unstructured
- Customer-centric and strive to deliver value by effectively and proactively engaging stakeholders
- Able to communicate complex ideas clearly and manage expectations with stakeholders. Has good negotiation skills
- Able to prioritise and organise, take a flexible approach to workload, and work autonomously when required.
We provide equality of opportunity of benefits for all who apply and who perform work for our organisation irrespective of sex, race, age, ethnic origin, educational, social and cultural background, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, disability or part-time / fixed-term work, or any other status protected by applicable law. We encourage the same standards from our recruitment and third-party suppliers taking into account the context of grade, job and location. We also allow for reasonable adjustments to support people with special requirements.