Opportunity Fund is a different kind of financial institution – a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). Over 20 years ago, the US Treasury Department created this designation for loan funds (like Opportunity Fund), credit unions, and others who are committed to using financial tools to help low-income communities.
We provide loans to low- and moderate-income immigrants, women, and other deserving, but underserved small business owners. We have seen firsthand the ripple effect of such loans. Businesses grow, jobs are added, healthier communities and families thrive.
Our mission is to drive economic mobility by delivering affordable capital and responsible financial solutions to determined entrepreneurs and communities.
We continue to drive economic mobility, fostering entrepreneurship, hard work, and ideas. We envision an inclusive world in which all entrepreneurs and communities have the opportunity to make their dreams come true.
In 2020, Opportunity Fund joined forces with Accion U.S. Network to create Accion Opportunity Fund to together provide national, scalable programs that leverage technology and data analytics with high-touch customer service to drive deep community impact. Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://www.opportunityfund.org/about/.
Reporting to the Vice President, Technology & PMO, Accion Opportunity Fund (AOF) is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and results-driven Data Analyst to join our growing team of IT experts. Our data team is in the process of rolling out our Master Data Management program, which includes a significant amount of data modeling and the build of our data warehouse and various data marts. The primary responsibilities of the Data Analyst will be to assist in documenting and testing our systems and validating the underlying data through queries, reports, and lookups. If issues arise, the hire will work with our Data Engineer troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role, the hire will need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 3 plus years of experience as a Data Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience in large datasets and relational database aspects including ER diagrams, SQL query optimization, dimensional vs transactional data modeling.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and documenting Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and design patterns (Change Data Capture) using ETL tools and scripting language (Python).
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- This is a remote (work from home) position.
- Must have high-speed internet.
- Must have a dedicated workspace.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a fully remote (work from home) position.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.opportunityfund.org