What is the opportunity?
This is an opportunity within the advanced analytics team at RBC Global Asset Management (GAM). As part of this group, the successful candidate will support GAM’s business leaders leveraging advanced analytics to support decisions in sales & marketing & new product development. The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert with strong experience in researching, designing and implementing data models and statistical algorithms to analyze diverse sources of high dimensional to build continually learning systems.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end machine learning production pipelines (data exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation).
- Apply fundamental data science methods such as regression, segmentation, causal inference and machine learning to provide analytical insights.
- Ensures that data pipelines and models are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the organization.
- Apply design-thinking and agile mindset in working with other engineers, and business stakeholders to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new initiatives.
- Help drive transformation by identifying new business opportunities through leveraging data and machine learning. Collaborate with sales and marketing, product, technology, investment management & other enterprise data and AI teams to evolve analytics strategies for the business.
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation, and share insights from conferences, recent research, and projects focused on statistics, machine learning, and data science with the business.
What do you need to succeed?
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
- Extensive experience with Python and software engineering fundamentals
- Strong data modeling and data analytics skills
- Practical experience applying machine learning algorithms and libraries to a business problem
- Demonstrated ability to present analytical insights effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to launch production quality machine learning models in collaboration with engineering team
- Strong sense of ownership and growth mindset
Nice to have:
- Experience with statistical techniques and their applications in sales and marketing functions
- Extensive domain knowledge in sales/marketing, financial products or asset management
- Effective data storytelling and design thinking
- Experience with big data and cloud technologies such as PySpark, Hadoop and S3
- Understanding of scalable ETL pipelines in Docker/Kubernetes environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 155 Wellington St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/30/2020
Platform: Wealth Management
Req ID: 251184