This is a full-time position based in Berlin, Germany. We are a remote-first company but will still have regularly occurring in-person meetings when the health situation allows.
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We are a startup with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. We're looking for a curious and experienced data engineer with a good understanding of building distributed, scalable, and accessible systems.
You are someone who loves learning and who is enthusiastic, communicative, and detail oriented. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic and welcoming team of developers, designers, curriculum designers, and product owners.
Your mission as a data engineer is to improve and maintain our data platform including CF's operational databases, ETL processes, internal and third party integrations, as well as monitoring, alerting for datasets and data jobs.
You will work together with data analysts from different departments and provide reliable data to support building integrations, data reports and dashboards.
You take part developing and improving the architecture of our data platform with other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field OR relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in data engineering - you are proficient with things like software design patterns, code review, multiple languages and paradigms, TDD, etc.
- Experience with building and maintaining distributed systems and knowledge of the associated patterns, concerns, and tradeoffs
- Knowledge in Python, ETL, Apache Beam, GCP, BigQuery, DataFlow and interest in learning other technologies (i.e. Scala, Spark, Airflow, Kafka.)
- Natural interest in breaking down complex problems and adding significance and representativeness to the data
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits.
- Flexible working times and remote-first work policy
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is dedicated to creating an equal opportunity workforce. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring the equal rights of our employees, students, partners and wider CareerFoundry community. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender (gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion, disability or ability, or economic status.