Piper Companies is looking for a Data Engineer for a leading financial services organization in Philadelphia, PA.
This is a REMOTE Opportunity!
Candidates must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust Clearance upon hire
Responsibilities for the Data Engineer include:
- You will work with high-level analysts and domain experts to provide technical solutions in order to build build a New Data Platform on AWS Redshift
- You will be responsible for supporting both Oracle Operational Stores and Redshift Data Warehouse
Qualifications for the Data Engineer include:
- At least 5 years of experience in building data warehouses
- At least 3 years or high-level experience on Redshift
- At least 2 years’ experience in data modeling and database design including both relational and data mart/data warehouse database design, breadth and depth in established and emerging data technologies.
- Proven ability to support data platform migration from Oracle to AWS
- Provide research and analysis on data sources in support of data discovery and requirements gathering
- Experience with AWS and developing lambda functions to support data curation, notification & monitoring programs
- Knowledge of Python
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring
- Hands-on experience with Database technology, including index strategies, performance tuning and optimization and stored procedures. .
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify improvement areas
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Compensation for the Data Engineer:
- 150-160K Salary
- Direct Hire Opportunity
- Comprehensive Medical benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
Keywords: data, data engineer, Oracle, migration, data migration, platform migration, AWS, Amazon Web Services, data discover, database, databases, data warehouse, data warehousing, warehouse, warehousing, database engineer, data monitoring, Lambda, Data modeling, data tuning, Redshift, AWS RedShift, data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, workload management, load balancing, SQL, Oracle Database, query, querying, queries, index strategies, performance tuning, database design, relational databases, PL/SQL, data discovery, query authoring, data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, workload management, Oracle operational stores