Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our company has one exciting mission: to entertain the human race.
The Senior Data Engineer I is responsible to lead, manage and execute the designing, development and operationalization of data integration, engineering and data platform services to support enterprise data programs. This will include developing productiongrade code through vision, design, development, test, deployment and operational support. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, develop and execute production-grade data integration and engineering code end-to-end through vision, definition, development, deployment and sustainment.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure data design, engineering and implementation is in accordance with design intention and meets business needs.
- technical design documentation in adherence to business, source system, target system, and solution architecture requirements.
- Work with technology leadership to identify, implement new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform performance and ultimate customer experience.
- Mentor junior engineer and lead analysis of product tradeoffs and deliver simple and intuitive products that just work.
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse teams spanning all organizational levels to effectively articulate technology solution and gain trust and buy-in.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field; or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) + years of experience on delivering data integration, data engineering service and data platform solutions.
- Previous experience with data warehouse integration and data engineering using real-time messaging, batch ETL/ELT, etc. in data management discipline.
- Previous working experience using cloud environments and various cloud services.
- Previous experience using various scripting tools and programing languages and experience working in a DevOps culture.
- Previous experience working in the hospitality industry.