At UnitedHealth Group and Optum, we want to make healthcare work better for everyone. This depends on hiring the best and brightest. With a thriving ecosystem of investment and innovation, our business in Ireland is constantly growing to support the healthcare needs of the future.
Our teams are at the forefront of building and adapting the latest technologies to propel healthcare forward in a way that better serves everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone. Join us and do your life’s best work
This position will require someone who likes a fast paced environment with new technologies, multiple existing platforms and tooling and interaction multiple cross functional groups.
Work collaboratively with technology and business teams including product owner and business SMEs to understand their needs for data and create an extract that satisfies Business requirements.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
- Design, build and implement automation processes for production release of data engineering, machine learning and business intelligence processes.
- Work collaboratively with technology and business teams including product owner and business SMEs to understand their needs for data and develop a solution that satisfies the Business requirements.
- Create data and solution architecture standards and processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build data and digital vision and corresponding models that support development of a new product offering.
- Work with the Senior Engineering, Senior Data Architect and Product owner from definition of business rules to successful implementation
- Mentor junior resources to develop their architecture skills.
- Ensure data security implementations meet company requirements.
- Design, code, test, document, and maintain high-quality and scalable Big Data solutions.
- Analyze raw data sources, data transformation, structural requirements for new software and application.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptional and logical data model and flowcharts
- Define security and backup strategy for data solutions
- Design, build and implement real time / near real time data pipelines.
- Design and prototype data monitoring models for pipeline
- Write technical documentation.
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience with data processing and SQL databases.
- Data Platforms and RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL and Streaming technology experience
- Proven experience in Data Integration Tools and Technologies
- Previous experience with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and Non – Relational Database.
- Previous experience in implementation of ETL applications, Data warehousing/ data modelling principles, architecture, and its implementation in large environments
- Working Knowledge on public clouds like Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and developing applications on Linux environments (Any Snowflake experience would be viewed positively) with practical experience
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary working in data warehouse; Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Spark in data processing and machine learning processes.
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open-source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Angular, Scala Linux, Apache, Unix)
- Experience with API technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker, designing, implementing and running data applications.
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience building OLAP Cubes·
- Healthcare industry knowledge and experience with exposure to EDI, HIPAA, HL7 and FHIR integration standards
- Data Virtualization tools and technology experience
- Experience with Data Quality and Data Security process, tools and technologies
- Experience with Metadata management and Data Catalog management process, tools and technologies
- Experience with Emerging Technologies, IOT integrations, Graph technologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalised groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, race, and membership of the Traveller community, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Services (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.