The ideal candidate's favorite words are learning, earth system, air-sea interaction and winds. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex observation and model data sets to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
See also VN 23/33 Research Fellowship at KNMI (onlyfy.jobs)
- Synthesize observation and model data: assessing information content,
- Structuring for improved downstream applicatoin processing
- Design accurate and scalable estimation algorithms
- A university degree in Physics, Maths, Meteorology, Engineering, or equivalent, and relevant research experience, including PhD or at the level thereof.
- Good computing skills are essential, with the job requiring the ability to (a) understand and develop existing processing systems, which are mainly written in Fortran-90 and Unix scripts, and (b) make statistical analyses and scientific graphs using tools like Python or equivalent. Experience with ML will be much appreciated.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills are also required, along with strengths in scientific analysis, synthesis and presentation.
- Candidates must be able to work proficiently in English, both verbally and written.