What you'll be doing
The Data Scientist will be developing and delivering end-to-end solutions including target optimization, ML modelling, and data pre-processing. The role involves analyzing data, identify the potential use cases, build predictive models, build recommendation engines, and advise the optimal solutions to maximize/minimize target variables.
You Could Expect Your Typical Day To Include Some Of The Following Things:
The time is now to be part of the Catch team. No two days are alike, and we are embarking on remarkable growth.
- Develop optimization solutions to minimize/maximize target variables and optimize contradicting targets/objectives according to the business needs and constrains.
- Working closely with the business to understand which business problems can be solved through ML and data science practices and techniques.
- Researching, testing, and implementing appropriate ML algorithms.
- Selecting appropriate data sets and designing, and developing data pipelines.
- Performing statistical analysis and fine-tuning.
- Overseeing the lifecycle management of the ML platform to ensure the platform stays supportable and follows industry best practice.
- Provide data science and ML knowledge expertise, contribute to technical discussions, and communicate ideas, plans, and results to key stakeholders.
- Leverage data to conduct complex user behavior analysis to identify business problems and opportunities and provide both insights and prediction.
The skills you’ll have
- Tertiary qualified in relevant discipline (Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science).
- Experience in delivering and automating a range of bespoke data science, machine learning, statistical modelling led projects, with hands on experience in predictive modelling (including forecasting), optimization and operations research, personalization modelling, clustering, statistical insights.
- Practical experience with statistical analysis. Specifically, knows how and when to use F test, T test, non-parametric test, linear regression test and assess data distribution, anomaly detection.
- Familiarity with retail optimization problems such as inventory optimization, production planning, warehouse optimization, price optimization and delivery route optimization.
- Strong understanding of optimization methods such as simulated annealing, pareto optimal, dynamic programming, genetic algorithms, newton method, hill climbing and hyper parameter optimization.
- Familiarity with a range of ML techniques and tools and selecting the right such solution for the given problem.
- Highly proficient with SQL, Excel, and BI visualization tools and an advanced working knowledge of analytical programming languages e.g. R, Python.
- Must be curious and business outcome focused with a problem-solving attitude.
Join our team of Catchies
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Catch Team!!
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and will go above and beyond for our customers “To be the trusted place where Australians start their shopping journey”.
Working at Catch, you’ll experience:
- Flexibility comes in all shapes and sizes at Catch, and as part of our commitment to flexibility, we offer all team members the opportunity to take control over when, where and how work is accomplished depending on your role.
- To help our team members juggle the demands of work and life, our health and wellbeing program aims to encourage positive morale and help employees reduce stress through the promotion of work/ life balance.
- To enable our team members to give back to our communities, we offer a day’s paid volunteer leave.
- My Catch Perks - up to 5% discount off selected retailers including Kmart, Target, Bunnings and Officeworks.
- An organization that is experiencing incredible growth.
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organization as well!
- Other unbelievable benefits and perks like free Club Catch membership, study support, in house learning and development, parental leave programs, plus loads more...
Who are Catch?
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.