NICE Compliance group is seeking a Data Scientist to develop, analyze and program cutting-edge algorithms that will be at the core of Compliance Analytics and Surveillance applications. Our behavioral analytics / machine-learning platform is the leader in providing solutions for Market Data Surveillance and Communication Surveillance. You will extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms and underlying mathematical theory, and use your analytics skills to help design and implement core components of our algorithms and models. You can have a daily, direct impact on the continued evolution of our innovative products.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Statistics, CS, Applied Mathematics, or other quantitative fields with focus on machine learning, mathematical algorithms, probability, and statistical modeling
- Interest in Big Data and the associated methodologies
- 4+ years of experience in algorithm development and statistical analysis of massive datasets, or equivalent coursework
- Desire to balance theory with pragmatic problem-solving skills to develop and apply advanced algorithms to real-world problems and data
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis, visualization, and data mining tools such as R or Python
- 1-2 years of scripting experience in Python, writing SQL queries and working with databases (MySQL preferred).
- Ability to work with product managers and engineers to translate requirements into design that can be implemented into code and data visualization.
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable team player
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in developing User Behavior Models
- Past experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Knowledge of Social Network Analysis
- Experience with Java/Hadoop/MapReduce/Spark
- Familiarity with AWS AI/ML Platforms
- Domain knowledge - Capital Markets / Trading / Fraud Detections / Compliance