IP Australia acknowledges that those with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance our workplace and our capability for innovation. Applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability and LGBTIQA+ people are encouraged to apply for any advertised position, that they may be suitable for, within IP Australia.
- Exciting and dynamic work across both internal & external environments
- Contribute to shaping the IP ecosystem
- Opportunity to work with emerging technologies and apply them to real problems
Do you have excellent data science and communication skills? Can you demonstrate experience and understanding of machine learning technologies? Do you have a passion for innovation including the ability to collaborate with others to achieve outcomes? This position might be the position for you!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Data Scientist who is interested in driving innovation, and delivery in a fast-paced agile environment. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills, a great attitude, the ability to multi-task, someone who strives to achieve targets and who is prepared to get in and get the job done. Equally importantly, we're looking for someone who shares our values and culture, who brings passion and positivity, and makes sure their team embodies the same culture.
To be successful in this role, it is essential to have
- Experience in undertaking statistical analysis, modelling and testing.
- Experience in developing machine learning and data science solutions using techniques and technologies such as Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and Classification.
- Ability to develop solutions using Python and a strong understanding of the system development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with proven ability to explain or translate complex models and findings to business stakeholders in simple terms.
- A demonstrable passion for innovation and dedication to working collaboratively.
Additionally, it would be desirable to have a combination of:
- Qualification or experience in data science specialising in machine learning, data science or statistical analysis.
- Experience in MLOps delivery of Machine Learning based solutions using commercial cloud platforms.
- Experience in undertaking full-stack development.
For additional information about the role, please see the Position Profile below:
Position Profile - Data Scientist - EL1.pdf
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Catherine Wang on (02) 6283 7912
To apply for this position, you are asked to:
- Frame your responses around the position specific duties and position specific capabilities of the role (as set out in the position profile), and provide:
- An explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Details of no more than two (2) professional achievements, within the last 5 years, that demonstrate your suitability for this role (limited response between 300 and 500 words)
- Provide a current CV detailing recent employment history which is relevant to the advertised position
- Provide evidence of your qualification(s) relating to the position
- Provide the name and contact details of two referees
This recruitment process will be used to fill current vacancies, as well as future vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months in various roles within the group.
Applications close for this vacancy at 11.55pm on Sunday, 17 October 2021.