250! That’s the number of data scientists leading a digital revolution at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research.
This is an exciting opportunity at the intersection of data scientist and drug discovery, in the Chemical Biology & Therapeutics Data Science group. The incumbent will be a highly motivated data scientist to drive deep learning innovation and application to enable and accelerate early drug discovery pipelines. As the deep learning and computer vision expert the incumbent will develop and evaluate state-of-the-art methods, apply to internal biomedical imaging data, communicate with the project teams of biologists and chemists, and impact early drug discovery.
The immediate team is a global Data Science group with diverse and world-class expertise in bioinformatics, computational biology, imaging analytics, data engineering, and deep learning. The team is also fully integrated with Novartis communities of data scientists, IT professionals and experimental scientists with the single mission of drug hunting.
We have a unique culture combining the best of academia and industry. With the freedom of academic research and innovation, as well as the mandate for drug discovery, we are encouraged to openly publish and share with the science community, and have access to the wealth of Novartis internal data and expertise.
Personal talent and career development is highly valued and well supported. Depending on individual experience and interest, the incumbent will have opportunities for internal/external courses and trainings, internal/external conferences and workshops, mentoring postdocs and students, managing multidisciplinary projects and coaching junior data scientists.
- Innovate and benchmark deep learning methodology for early drug discovery
- Apply deep learning and imaging analytics methods to impact NIBR drug discovery projects
- Collaborate with and lead multidisciplinary teams of biologists, chemists, bioinformaticians and IT developers
- Champion deep learning and artificial intelligence initiatives
- Mentor junior data scientists and engage the broader Data Science community
- Present to internal and external collaborators and partners