EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing global IT, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
The Information Security Compliance team is looking for someone to work with the analysis of compliance related information drawn from a wide variety of sources in order to derive patterns and trends regarding security control operations and effectiveness. The Compliance team is responsible for monitoring and managing information security risk across a highly complex and global network of technologies, platforms and services. The results of the team’s analysis will not only drive remediation efforts as well as supporting investment decisions to further reduce information risk.
Your key responsibilities
- Creating a new information repository that serves the needs of the team’s current reporting and analytics requirements and supports expansion for additional data sources as well as the capability to provide deeper analysis to pinpoint issues driving trends
- Helping others to understand the relevance of their risk debt and impact on the firm’s security posture
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior team members and support their career growth and development
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs in reviewing and addressing compliance matters derived from the team’s analysis
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent problem-solving skills, can work with confidence unsupervised, and able to manage multiple concurrent work streams
- Strong critical thinking skills, demonstrate the ability to see the big picture while also diving into the details where necessary
- Demonstrable experience in formulating and solving business problems using mathematical/statistical constructs in order to derive insight into compliance related issues and trends
- Technically inclined and self-driven to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Ability to articulate analytical findings to less-technical business-savvy audience
- Team player with excellent communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- 6 - 7 years of work experience in a similar field
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or another related field
- Familiar with at least one of data visualisation development tools: Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Data analysis skills with strengths in drilling into underlying databases for discovery and identifying opportunities and trends and translating these into understandable and meaningful business outputs
- Demonstrated ability to translate findings into clear insights and then communicate verbally and through compelling written documents
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A background in Information Security Compliance will be a differentiator
- Experience in writing clean, maintainable code following good practice
- Demonstrate understanding in at least one programming language such as ABAP, R, Python, Java, C++ or C#
- Experience with Powerapps and Power Automate
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.