As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
This will be a permanent position reporting into our Toronto office.
Fed by ever-expanding data sources across our product, partner and member network, Points is creating a world of advanced analytics that is real time, automated, always on and always learning. This collective intelligence is our unique offering - it enables us to drive unparalleled member engagement and program economics for our partners.
Reporting to the Director, Data Science & Marketing Analytics, the Senior Data Scientist will play a key role in supporting Points’ Data Strategy, a key organizational growth pillar. As the Senior Data Scientist, they will research, develop & deliver best-in-class modeling solutions across our entire partner ecosystem, at scale. They will leverage data science methodologies to solve complex problems. In their work, they will provide guidance and coordinate with other data scientists to help achieve the goals of all areas of the business.
Researching, designing and implementing analytical models and machine learning algorithms that will be utilized for promotion, pricing, product, media & revenue optimization.
- Identify how data science can be applied to improve and optimize the models, targeting and offer assignment
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions that can be applied across products and partners by leveraging or developing statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Working with diverse data sets (partner, product, performance, 3rd party) and continuously showcasing the added value generated by incremental data
- Continuously improve the predictive models and algorithms by researching, designing and testing & learning.
- Elevate the data science discipline by aligning with other Data Science Team Leads on best practices, automation and standardization on all advanced analytical solutions, the end to end modeling process, offer assignment and personalization. Drive execution through fast iteration.
- Over 5 years of experience of researching, developing and applying machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity & proficiency with machine learning, big data technologies, predictive analytics, segmentation, econometric modeling, time series analysis, recommender systems, visualization tools with a solid understanding of best practices in data science.
- Strong programming with Python and associated machine learning packages
- Relational database expertise (SQL)
- Natural curiosity to solve problems and find meaning in complex data sets & customer behaviour analysis.
- Strong business acumen to apply recommendations in the proper commercial context.
- Masters or PhD in quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other related field)
The health and safety of Points’ employees, guests and business partners is a very high priority. Our view that maximizing COVID-19 vaccination rates among employees is one very important strategy to lessen the hazard of COVID-19 in our physical workspace. As such, all new Pointsters are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with their regional guidelines.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.