Job Title: Data AnalystLocation: Melbourne
- Help shape the future as we leverage data to flip traditional banking on its head
- Collaborate with talented teams of data scientists, engineers and analysts
- Get stuck into our huge data sets to create solutions for our customers
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Analyst to join our Deposits Tribe. The purpose of the Deposits Tribe
is to provide products that are simple, easy to use and enable our customers to bank with confidence. We do this through the design, manufacture and management of a simple range of savings & transaction products to bring the customer proposition to life for our Retail & Business customers.
As a Data Analyst
in our Operational Excellence team
, your role is to provide data-led insight to support the management and resolution of issues & events, helping to uplift the Deposit business risk profile.
You understand the power of data to generate quality customer insight, identify patterns & trends, and make decisions. You will apply your strong technical skills to source and interrogate data across a range of platforms and domains, to ultimately ensure issues & events can be identified, understood, fixed and remediated accurately.
You will surface data insights to ensure our products, systems and processes are fit for purpose, in a way that meets evolving internal and external regulatory compliance. Ultimately, so our customers and communities can have confidence in us.What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Support key data platform and/or data scheduling jobs to deliver insights to key audiences (e.g. frontline, other tribes)
- Attend stand-up to align progress on your individual tasks
- Work in collaborative teams to explore business initiatives
- Support individual missions of Squads through data analysis
- Forget the suit stereotype - we encourage you to dress for your day
- Background and experience in product, risk, compliance or remediation analytical roles, preferably within the financial services industry
- Analytical & problem-solving skills to understand the detail of events and issues, and subsequently identify and investigate them
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with tools and techniques for analysis, data manipulation and presentation (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, Tableau)
- Strong customer lens and affinity
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset to continuously improve the level of insight surfaced
- Strong ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
- Thorough approach to detail, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders (translate technical into non-technical and vice-versa)
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS115037