Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing a team of 4 staff and 5 drivers, the role will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization, which includes data analysis, managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
- Be an Oracle Transport Management (OTM) system superuser
- Analyze complex data to understand customer and order profiles
- Manage end-to-end data projects; identify issues, gather information from various sources, analyze data, interpret patterns and trends, build models, give recommendations, and create insightful automated reports
- Review day-to-day operation processes, identify areas of improvement and make actionable recommendations based on underlying analysis
- Achieve and maintain consistent key performance indicators and managing daily operations
- Plan and schedule daily routes to ensure that the optimum amount of vehicles are working at all times to meet customer needs
- Allocate and record resources and movements on the transport planning system. Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules, and completed orders
- Ensure operational efficiency, identifying potential cost savings opportunities and to carry out periodic reviews to identify gaps and improve on existing operations
- Track, monitor, report, and control transportation costs
- Maintain vehicles in peak operating conditions in order to keep deliveries and distributions on schedule and within its established budget, and minimize costs by maximizing fuel efficiency and minimizing unexpected repairs.
- Effective liaison, support and assistance with the internal and external customers.
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent.
- Min 3 years of experience in related working experience.
- Familiar with LTA and other local authorities rules and regulations.
- Analytical mind and business acumen with the ability to work with large amounts of data to discover patterns and trends and to form conclusions based on findings.
- Good interpersonal skills, a self-driven individual and has ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.