We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for Rail Switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry. As a Lead Data Scientist at KONUX, you seek mathematical robustness in solutions, love to code and get your hands dirty with large volumes of complex raw data from which you will seek to derive meaningful and actionable insights. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, self-directed and are happy to learn and adapt quickly. They will also be able to explore a wide range of statistical models and modelling techniques to understand and effectively break-down hard problems. KONUX scientists and engineers appreciate the difference between explaining and fitting statistical models, the importance of good metrics, and the tradeoff between exploration and exploitation. They can perceive common structure between superficially unrelated problems, and can use this to build tools and algorithms that drive the delivery of products which deliver customer value.
When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Mentality includes a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data driven decisions. If you share that mentality...Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- Develop insights into a wide range of data sources, including acceleration time series
- Design, simulate and test existing and new machine learning algorithms for real time system state identification
- Convert models into a live system that can process and reach conclusions in real-time
- Build tools and infrastructure that contribute to a sensor data analysis ecosystem
- Select/design/adapt, optimize and implement machine learning algorithms on real time platforms (resource constraints)
- Help bring-up and test algorithms on hardware systems, including creation of system test plan
- Contribute to continuous improvements and optimizations on existing models
- Drive innovation and contribute to intellectual property
- A degree in Engineering / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science or a related field, preferably a PhD
- 5+ years experience in data driven business environment
- 2+ years experience in building and testing machine learning models
- Proficiency in Python
- Expert knowledge in at least one of machine learning/deep learning modeling and statistics (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras)
- Experience in railway engineering, structural health monitoring or structural dynamics is a plus.
- Ability to understand and deliver in the presence of rapidly evolving product, customer, and business needs
- Experience in a business environment
- Autonomous and solution oriented working methods
- Experience in leading technical teams and coaching/mentoring team members
- Sharing the KONUX Mentality, incl. a Growth Mindset, Resilience and Flexibility
Nice to Have
- Experience in database schema design
- Experience in working with Julia
- Experience in Spark/EMR, Hive, Athena and Hadoop
Don't Apply If
- You have only research experience, without having exposure in a business environment
- You are not profficient in Python and specialized in deep learning or mechanical modeling
- You feel that the KONUX Mentality is not for you
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 27 paid vacation days/year from your first day, +1 per year with KONUX
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid
- Flexible working conditions and home office equipment
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.