Data Modeller / Data Engineer
Location: Staines TW18 3DZ or Salford M50 3SP
Flexible / Hybrid working
Up to £50,000 DOE + fantastic benefits
Full time: 37.5 Hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
The purpose of the Data Modeller / Data Engineer Is to Build and develop data pipelines and data models to facilitate the Bupa Enterprise Data Platform and meeting internal customer requirements. The successful applicant will participate on a wide range of initiatives to transform the data and information landscape at Bupa.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for designing SQL routines that adhere to an enterprise data & information architecture.
- Create data pipelines from scratch along the entire data chain: implementing data load patterns, error-handling, automated MDM procedures, data to hardware optimisation, etc.
- Creating data marts from scratch.
- Takes ownership for resolving all data and information queries through to the source for our customers.
- Review personal workloads and analyse requirements. Facilitate the development of effective BI requirements through a solid understanding of modern Enterprise Data Platform (EDP), techniques, and best practices.
- Evaluating data quality, consistency, and adherence to standards.
- Aide the construction of the Enterprise Data Platform requirements through a solid understanding of modern EDW tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Challenge processes and behaviours to drive the adoption of lean processes.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience within the context of enterprise data warehouse (EDW) analysis and design, with knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modelling.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience developing stored procedure based ETL/ELT, proficiency with Visual Studio 2017 or later.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modelling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design (both 3NF & Dimensional), reporting structures, etc.
- Moderate technical experience with the MS BI technology stack.
- Data Vault 2.0 would be advantageous.
- Experience with Snowflake would be advantageous.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
You Will Be Eligible For
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.