Data Scientist Commercial AnalyticsDepartment:
Al SolutionsAbout Sanofi:
We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.Who You Are:
You are an experienced software engineer who is interested in designing and developing comprehensive solutions to support and facilitate business operations. You have a strong understanding of back-end and front-end technologies and have experience implementing highly functional solutions that can scale. You have a passion for good user experience and know how to ensure user needs are met through agile development and stakeholder engagement. You are an excellent communicator, and can work with subject matter experts, graphic designers, support teams and managers to deliver professional grade solutions.Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Sanofi has recently embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions. This has enabled us, to accelerate R&D, improve manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring novel drugs and vaccines to patients faster, all in order to improve health and save lives.
The Digital Team at Sanofi is a unique data-driven team. We pride ourselves on being data obsessed and highly focused on using state of the art processes along with global technologies to drive impact to our solutions. We measure our insights and products based on how they preform across the globe and hold ourselves to the highest regard as our solutions can impact millions of lives. When tackling a problem, we do not just ask how we will create a solution, but how we will create a solution that reaches across the world with the best possible societal outcome.
If you are passionate about improving the health and wellness of people across the globe using Data as your means, then you should look no farther than the Digital Team here at Sanofi. Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization. This means:
Location: The Sanofi Digital Data Team uses a hybrid working model combining remote and office-based work. The Canada Digital Data Hub offices will be located in the greater downtown area of Toronto.
- AI Factory - Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
- Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
- World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned, published leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillsets.
- Apply data science expertise in machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, forecasting and optimization to multiple analytics projects.
- Build models, algorithms, simulations, and experiments by writing highly optimized code and using state-of-the art machine learning technologies.
- Work on full-spectrum of activities, from conducting ML experiments to delivering production-ready models.
- Use data analysis, visualization, storytelling, and data technologies to scope, define and deliver AI-based data products.
- Work with developers, engineers, and MLOps to deliver AI/ML solutions.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
- Hands-on AI/ML modeling experience of complex datasets combined with strong understanding of theoretical foundations of AI/ML.
- Expertise within most of the following areas: supervised learning, unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, federated learning, time series forecasting, Bayesian statistics, optimization.
- Experience developing deployable code and deploying models in product-focused development under an agile environment.
- Comfortable working in cloud and high-performance computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Databricks, Apache Spark).
- Experience in production-ready software development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, data visualization and data storytelling skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Nice to have: Experience in life sciences and healthcare and experience in a complex global organization.
- PhD in mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, economics, or a related quantitative discipline with strong coding skills, OR Master’s Degree in relevant domain with 3+ years of analytical experience.
- Expertise with core data science languages (such as Python, R, Scala), and familiarity with different database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL).
- Disciplined AI/ML development (CI/CD, Orchestration).
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, Plotly or similar.
- Experience with various enterprise-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.