Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
The individual works collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists, IT and engineering professionals across the organization to solve critical problems and answer important questions that drive key decisions for our business.
Fosters new game changing ideas to produce sophisticated, intelligent optimization solutions and predictive models.
Works on a team as an individual contributor with other Data Scientists.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline.
- Independently perform statistical analysis, computer programming, predictive modeling and experimental design.
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business and effectively network within the Data Science Community.
- Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions.
- Developing sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators. Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience or Masters degree with 2+ years experience or PhD.
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Electrical/Industrial Engineering, Operation Research, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in computational skills and level of experience building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages.
- Strong proficiency in predictive modeling—to include comprehension of theory, modeling/identification strategies and limitations and pitfalls.
- Intermediate proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts.
- Experience in successful delivery of valuable analysis through application of domain knowledge; evidence of ability to strong business acumen.
- Strong communication competencies to include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise and actionable manner to extended team and small groups of key stakeholders
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the Passion to Innovate and the Power to Change, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
India : Karnataka : Bangalore