Location: 1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5 or 500 Lake Shore Blvd W
Toronto, ON M5V 1A5
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Does working with some of Canada’s most talented minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology powers some of Canada’s most game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, fosters a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology gives you the chance to excel, and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Senior Data Scientist – AI/ML CoE, Brampton, ON
Loblaw Technology & Analytics is looking for a Senior Data Scientist with experience in applied research and problem solving to join our AI/ML Center of Excellence team. The successful candidate will have experience with developing and deploying production grade AI/ML solutions, have broad expertise in statistics, analytics, and ML, strong coding skill, and be an excellent communicator. The candidate will be responsible for leading and delivering machine learning projects across various business units with direct business impact. You will work closely with senior leadership team, business stakeholders and solutions engineering team to establish the highest level of performance, robustness and fairness are met.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet with the business partners to understand their business goals and processes, and find opportunities for improvements leveraging Machine Learning driven solutions
- Lead end-to-end ML projects from problem understanding to model deployment and monitoring and partner with the engineering team to ensure best practices for ML model deployment are in place
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams: Health & Wellness, Loyalty, Supply Chain, Product etc.
- Coach and mentor junior team members and help build an inclusive team culture
- Collaborate with other data science teams across Loblaw Technology & Analytics to form an ecosystem of data science products that complement each other
- Continue to drive innovation by utilizing Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies and capabilities
What you Bring:
- University, Master or Ph.D. degree in an analytical field of study (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute data science project and experience directly related to quantitative analysis with proven results
- Excellent working knowledge of across a broad set of data science skills, including traditional statistical methods, machine learning, Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision
- Experience in SQL and Python
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Experience in analytical roles working with large data sets and analytic tools, and some subset of the following: scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, storytelling skills
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity and strive to build a culture of inclusion where differences are embraced, valued and supported. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs. Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.