Working to the Assistant Team leader for Analysis & Plans, your primary function will be to manage data collected from DOSR assurance activities and gather intelligence from other Defence sources, such as accident and incident data, in order to describe, monitor, measure, and visually present findings and report progress against plans, seeking out trends or themes to influence future risk-based assurance work. Analysis is used to support monthly DOSR Performance Boards, annual reporting, and ad hoc requests from DSA and across the Defence regulated community. You will need to develop an understanding of the OME remit, working with, and coordinating information into slide-packs, from all DOSR sections (Regulations and Assurance), producing requirements for contracting work on database development to ensure tools are aligned to DOSR's roles. You will also support and be supported across DSA, joining with other analysis colleagues for networking and sharing skills, and contributing to pan-DSA tasks, You will provide support to the DSA Cross-Boundary Working Group, uniquely drawing together data from all Defence Regulators to enable pan-DSA analysis on areas of concern, improving exploitation of data for Defence. The role also offers opportunity for further training and access to a range of apprenticeships for professional development.
- You will have responsibility for management of data and information in a consistent and coherent manner, including planning, recording, analysis and reporting, and storing records across all DOSR business areas.
- You will maintain the DOSR database, including data cleansing, ensuring that operational issues are investigated and addressed, propose and deliver new solutions for continual improvement or extension of functionality.
- You will exploit the records and analyse to ensure that any trends/results are acted upon and used to inform planning of future inspection and assurance activity. You will propose courses of action that help DOSR and DSA to deliver their aims and reduce risks to Defence.
- You will collate data and provide timely reports to DOSR, and DSA Business Team or other parties on request, and contribute data to presentations, briefs, reports, internal checks, audits, as required.
- You will promote and manage relationships across DOSR and DSA, with peers and seniors, and with external suppliers of data and contractors.
- You will have line management responsibility for 1 x C2 (civilian), who in turn manages 1 x E1 (civilian). You will report to the Assistant Team Leader for Analysis and will deputise as required.
You will also have the opportunity of joining the MOD's Analysis Profession, which supports the use of analysis across MOD, providing access to research, standards and support needed to do the job, so that better evidence can improved decision-making and outcomes for Defence.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Leadership - you will have line management responsibility, and will value differences, ensure fairness and opportunity for all, and set an example by your own behaviours.
- Experience with a variety of IT tools - you will make daily use of Microsoft Office 365 products and bespoke tools for data capture, analysis, reporting and visual presentation, with opportunity to be creative, to introduce new functionality and improve on current methods.
- OME awareness - you will need to have, or be willing to develop, an understanding of OME in Defence (i.e. Defence Regulations, and Assurance activities) in order to make sound data-related decisions and find solutions to capturing, analysing and exploiting data to best effect for DOSR and DSA.
Opportunity to hold a membership of a professional development body related to the job role.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
- On site gymnasium
- On site restaurant
- 25 days paid leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days on completion of 5 years service.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.