A Data Analyst Supply Chain leverages technical abilities to synthesize complex analytical tasks into easily understood data-driven stories. Responsible for working collaboratively with other analysts to apply established analytical processes on diverse datasets to deduce insights and solve real-world business problems. Also ensures that all reporting and analytical responsibilities are completed competently in a timely manner, continually seeking out opportunities to hone existing technical skills (e.g. writing SQL/code, statistics, machine learning, etc.) and learn new skills. Operates under the supervision and mentorship of more experienced managers and data scientists.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%-Executes existing reporting and analytical responsibilities
20%-Leverages data analytics tools to create new dashboards, reports, and any additional ad-hoc requests
20%-Ensures the quality of work output by displaying a keen attention to detail
20%-Develops additional technical competencies and subject matter expertise within core functional group
10%-Presents findings in easily understood ways, focuses on how the data analytics fits into the bigger picture
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0-1 year
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Work experience with SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, or comparable database systems
- 1-3 years work experience in data mining, statistical analysis, auditing, and/or forecasting.
- Prior direct experience in analyzing the relevant subject matter (e.g. Supply Chain, Merchandising, Operations, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving.
- An unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying story being told within the data