Cloud Computing is one of the most important initiatives for Microsoft. It is a highly competitive & rapidly growing market, and we aim to provide the best platform and services.
The Converged 5G + Edge team in Azure For Operators (A40) team is a growing Agile team tasked with turning rich data from 4G/5G mobile communications into strategic assets that will drive business and engineering goals and efforts. Our vision is to utilize big data and machine learning techniques to build, manage, and operate mobile networks effectively and efficiently, to address the challenges caused by the ever-increasing scale and complexity of Azure, and the ever-increasing customer base and workload diversity. Quality is first and foremost in our minds and understanding signals from the data to improve quality is essential.
As a member of our team, you will work broadly with our engineers, program managers, and support engineers in the organization, to formulate the business problems as data science and analytics problems, build prototypes, end-to-end analytics solutions. We are here to provide insights and methods to uplift the quality of the products and services we produce for the whole organization.
- Design new tools and processes to enable better data modeling, analysis, and experimentation
- Employ machine learning to detect and correlate problems
- Build models, simulation, scalable and automated analytical systems
- Drive improvements to the product design and architecture, leading to increased customer satisfaction
- Lead and collaborate with experts from across the company to advance data science best practices
- Educate and train others on modern applications of data science techniques
- Learn how to build and sustain engagement from all levels of an organization
- Programming skills (esp. related to data technologies like Python, PERL, Java, C#, etc.)
- 5 or more years of experience using data/ML/AI to impact critical product or business decisions
- A proven track record of collaborating across organizational boundaries and delivering great results
- Familiarity with software development, database design, and online service development
- A Masters or higher degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics, math, economics, business or other scientific or quant-focused field.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.