Location: Parma, Italy
Reporting to: Principal Engineer - Data Solutions
Data Solutions - Engineering
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY TO DAY
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to shape the future of mission-critical data analysis and machine learning applications at the core of our systems. Our products improve our customers’ operational performance through technologies providing insights in various domains such as asset monitoring, asset optimization and predictive maintenance. The candidate will analyse large amounts of raw information and build data products to extract valuable business insights.
- You will translate business questions into specific analytical questions to arrive at an answer using available data and work with engineers to produce the required data when it is not available.
- You will identify valuable data sources and work with data engineers to automate collection processes. You will undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data and analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- You will present information using data visualization techniques and build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- You will formalize assumptions about how models should behave and define metrics for model monitoring.
- You like to follow best practices and create documentation for the benefit of others.
- The ideal candidate is ambitious and not afraid to take ownership, someone with critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and who likes to collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve real-world problems.
- Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will allow to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve business problems through collaboration with engineering, product development, and business teams.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience and strong passion for data mining and data modeling
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases (e.g., MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams to provide requirements and create project roadmaps for consistent data availability, quality, and accessibility.
- Ability to analyze problems and determines root causes.
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn
- Be a self-starter, driven, accountable, and a collaborative teammate.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or relevant field. PhD is a plus.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, QuickSight, Superset)
- Experience with big data query engines (e.g., Athena, SparkSQL, Presto)
- Hands-on experience in automation of data quality monitoring
- Experience with data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Flink)
- Expertise in statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, feature engineering, etc.
- Prior experience in productionizing Machine Learning
- Experience in workflow and data pipeline orchestration (Airflow, Oozie, etc.)
- Experience with Data Analytics & ML Platforms (e.g., Databricks, SageMaker)
- Familiarity with messaging and streaming platforms (Apache Pulsar, Kafka)
- Experience with Source Control Management (Git) and CI Pipelines (Gitlab CI)
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, Scala or C++.
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Flexible / Smart Working
- Wellness programmes
- On-site parking
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.