Who we are: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary: We are looking for an Analyst to develop PayPal’s Risk strategy within the Consumer Risk portfolio. This portfolio is comprised of PayPal’s newest leading-edge payments solutions as well as customized experiences developed for the company’s highest-priority strategic partnerships. Each Analyst on this team has full ownership of a portfolio of merchants and is responsible for end-to-end management of loss and decline rates. Day-to-day duties include data analysis, monitoring and forecasting, creating the logic for and implementing risk rules and strategies, providing requirements to data scientists and technology teams on attribute, model and platform requirements, and communicating with global stakeholders to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience while meeting loss rate targets. If you’re interested in working with PayPal’s most interesting payments experiences then this is the right team for to join!
- Strong analytical skills- ability to build quick estimates using back-of-the-envelope analysis, structure (and, if needed, execute) more complex analyses, pull together business cases and forecasts to navigate through multi-dimensional sets of tradeoffs.
- Enthusiasm for data-driven problem solving within a fast-paced environment is a must. In addition, experience with Microsoft Excel or statistical software, working knowledge of SQL or other relational database languages, and hands-on experience in data analysis involving large data sets are strongly desired but not absolutely required.
- Polished communication skills – risk analysts need to collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, business owners, and customers to learn from subject-matter experts, present findings in a clear and concise manner, and reach alignment on how to execute risk strategies.
- “Can-do” attitude, team player, energetic personality, ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment to meet deadlines. The successful risk analyst is a self-starter who has the resilience to learn from their mistakes and reach their true potential.
- An innate intellectual curiosity, and a willingness to build awareness of current payments industry and risk management best practices. PayPal is constantly innovating by introducing new products and entering new markets, so successful risk analysts on this team must quickly get up speed on new content areas.
- Education: Graduate degree from good rated colleges with 3+ years of experience, MS degree with 2+ year of experience
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.