Data Scientist (Co – Op)
Working Remote – Lab Location: Quincy, MA
Do you have a strong desire to utilize technology around you every day in new and creative ways that will help our business succeed? Are you passionate about data science and innovation? Do you spend time figuring out how to improve your life using technology? Then come and join our Propulsion Labs team at Retail Business Services, a proud company of Ahold-Delhaize, a startup environment in the middle of a big corporate office. We are looking for creative out-of-the-box problem solvers who are not afraid to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies.
- Build data science solutions to improve the in-store customers’ experience for the different brands of AUSA
- Collaborate with teammates and other data science teams on research and ideation sessions
- Collaborate with ML Ops team to architect and automate the end-2-end lifecycle of projects
- Work in a multi-disciplinary and Agile environment
- Effectively communicate findings, insights and progress of research and development
- Background in (or related field):
o Computer Science
o Computer or Software Engineering
o Data Science
o Machine Learning
- You are a data scientist who is passionate about applying the latest advances in the field.
- You can effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Proficient in Python (including tools such as Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-Learn)
- Proficient in collaborative software development using git
- Knowledge in the field of Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing, is a plus
- Knowledge of other programming languages, such as R, Scala, C++/C, SQL, is a plus
- Experience with cloud computing services, such as Microsoft Azure, is a plus
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change without being afraid to take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced team environment while being proactive and action-oriented
Retail Business Services, is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five omnichannel grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Business Integrity Services (Legal, Risk Management, Quality Assurance), Business Services (HR Technology Systems and Process Management), Communications & Omnichannel Service, Finance Business Services, Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources, Indirect Sourcing, Information Technology, Pharmacy Services, Retail Innovation, Store Development, Leasing and Facilities Support, and Strategy & Business Development. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com, LinkedIn or Twitter.