Decathlon aims to become the best sport digital platform and open ecosystem in the world. We want to enable customers to experience Decathlon through many local sport-centric experiences by connecting many third-party actors and services, in a secure and performant way
Our digital teams in Lille, Hong Kong, London, Montreal (and more…) which brings together more than 1500 collaborators are united to build and scale digital products with the aim to always deliver the best value to our users.
About Data Lab-x4
The Data Lab-X4, within the Decathlon AI factory unit, is the team in charge of discovering the AI use cases that add the most value and ensuring they have the right digital enablers
term, which stands for eXplore
, perfectly summarizes the team modus operandi . Infact, in the Data Lab-X4 we use an agile “ test and learn ”
approach to validate the business case, conduct time-limited experiments
to see what really works and then scale up successes
We are tightly connected to the business stakeholders and the AI fabric teams (personalisation, pricing, forecasting, offer optimization) in charge of deploying at scale the Data Lab-X4 outcomes.
The team has a pivotal role in establishing new AI directions within Decathlon, experimenting with the latest machine learning technologies to solve high impact business problems and diffusing the AI culture across the entire organization.
You will be in charge of projects that have the potential to define the future of sport.
This is truly a chance to shape the industry of sport through data and AI!
As a ML Engineer within the Data Lab X4 team, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate closely with PM and Data Scientists to identify opportunities for business impact , leverage data to quantify outcome and participate in planning ML strategy and roadmap for the team ;
- Build and productionize innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems ;
- Create intelligent ML and Data aware real-time monitoring & observability systems ;
- Enable ML use cases all across Decathlon’s products - for example Forecasting, Pricing, Customer Personalisation, Offer optimisation and many more !
- Contribute to shared ML Engineering tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for ML Engineers and Data Scientists across the company ;
- Coaching, mentoring and hiring other members to help scale efficiency and growth across the team .
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED :
- AWS Redshift
- AWS S3
- AWS Glue
- AWS SageMaker
- GitHub actions
- To be successful you will need:
- Ability to go deep and build the most impactful solutions while also leading multiple directions across multiple teams and organizations to ensure the success of our mission.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- To enjoy discovering and solving problems; proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- A desire to mentor others and stay current with advances in the industry.
- Solid engineering and coding skills of minimum 2 years in a ML environment
- Ability to write high performance production quality code
- Proven ability to choose the right ML method to solve the problem within current constraints while having a clear vision of the next iterations and a good balance between exploration and exploitation of different techniques
- Experience in delivering ML solutions to real production systems impacting large scale of customers
- Deep understanding of the ML engineering lifecycle process
- Strong understanding of neural network/deep learning, and feature engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms
- Mastery in a single programming language like Scala, Python or other equivalent languages is a must.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Hive, Airflow, ML flow
- Knowledge and experience in deep learning computational graph frameworks, such as Tensorflow
- Knowledge and experience in large scale data analytics, such as Spark.
DECATHLON DIGITAL & TECH TEAMS
- Flexibility in work organisation (location, pace)
- Remote Friendly 2 days a week
- Possibility of working in one of Decathlon Technology offices located in Lille, Paris, Nantes or Lyon ( plan a regular trip in Lille 2 up to 3 days every 15 days)
- Freedom of choice of work tool (Mac, Windows)
- Local project team and sharing with the global network (international route)
- Upgrading of skills (diversity of projects, languages and technologies)
- Internal and external training courses (obtaining certifications AWS, GCP, and many more...)
- Monthly and quarterly premiums
Decathlon is fully embracing the digital world to continue delivering on its mission “ Sport for the many
”. We are on a mission to build an ecosystem of incredible and varieddigital experiences
, helping people all over the world access, enjoy and benefit from sport related activities, while protecting our playground, the planet.
At Decathlon Digital
we leverage the most innovative technologies, we work with and develop experiences, solutions and systems that will deeply change the way people interact with Sports.
Our tech teams with offices in Paris, Lille, Nantes and Lyon, and future international locations
bring together more than 2500 product managers, software engineers and data experts,
united to build and scale great products and services centered around our 400 million users needs.
JOINING DECATHLON DIGITAL MEANS
- Being part of a global community, united by a love of sport, shared values and a passion for digital and technology.
- Joining an international French tech company that has succeeded in keeping the values of a family business while expanding in over 60 countries to provide sports products and services to 400+ million sport passionates worldwide.
- Being able to share your passion thanks to our Decathlon discount programs, an annual voucher for your sports activities, a gym access, and our sport communities and events. Whether you are a beginner or a high-level athlete, decathlonians will love to introduce you to new activities.
- Joining a group that has a sustainable and respectful vision of sport. Without a healthy playground, there is no sport. Access to equipment must be done with relevance in context, by renting or buying second-hand when possible.
- Whatever your favorite sport, your gender, or your religion, Decathlonians all share the same purpose.
Decathlon is committed to inclusion and non-discrimination, and thus acts daily in favour of disability, seniors, social mix and equality between women and men. Above all, recruiting personalities and diversity within our teams is a major challenge because it is a source of innovation and performance.