My Client is the largest Social Commerce platform in India with the vision of enabling small businesses and individual entrepreneurs to become successful online.
About the role
As a data driven organisation with the core mission of empowering 20 million entrepreneurs throughout the country, Data scientists are an integral part of the thier team. You'll develop models and run experiments to infer insights from hard data that meaningfully impacts our 1Million+ resellers. From improving our product usability to identifying new growth opportunities data scientists help all teams within the company and develop effective solutions.
Here are some of the problems you'll be working on: -
- Recommendation : Understanding reseller preferences to provide them with the most relevant products
- Ads recommendations at scale.
- Images and Videos based insights : Similar product suggestion.
- Designing the most optimal Reseller Journey on thier platform.
- Identifying search query intent to serve relevant products.
- Inferring insights from our existing data to identify new growth opportunities
- Designing experiments to improve usability across our product suite
- Fraud Detection System : Payment Fraud/RTO/Return
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-8 years of experience as a Data Scientist in a fast-paced organization, preferably B2C
- Familiarity with concepts like Neural Networks, Machine Learning etc and tools like SQL, R, Python
- Familiarity with Big Data tech stack like Apache Spark, Hadoop/Hive, S3
Capabilities The ideal candidate for this role has:
- A good understanding of and belief in thier business model and product.
- Strong understanding of Statistics and Linear Algebra
- Strong understanding of hypothesis/model testing and ability to identify common model testing errors like overfitting, underfitting, type I and type II errors
- Experience designing and running A/B tests and drawing insights from them
- Familiarity with Python or R, proficiency with SQL
- Strong communication skills to explain your analysis