Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
The Defense Data Scientist II (SME) will be responsible for performing multiple complex projects in the areas of strategic planning services, decision support services, education and training development, and organizational performance support. Overarching responsibilities will be to support the DoD with leveraging data to support, enhance and execute the mission. Team members will be conducting unique use cases, peer reviews, programmatic development, and technological assessments to provide capabilities that inform the decision-making process and enable data-driven decisions. Prospective candidates should understand the full life cycle of data use, to include acquisition, preparation, analytics and environment development, along with an understanding of DoD data standards:
- Data preparation and architecture,
- Development of agile algorithmic solutions,
- Evaluate and/or execute data governance and data maturity models; and
- Conduct data analytics using state of the art mathematical and machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques
The following qualifications are REQUIRED to be considered for this role:
- An ACTIVE and CURRENT SECRET security clearance
- Master's degree in an associated technical or line of business discipline or the equivalent years in experience.
- Education and/or experience requirements may be decreased or waived if the individual has an extraordinary educational background or uniquely applicable experience or highly specialized knowledge. Four (4) additional years of experience may be substituted for a master’s degree
- Eighteen (18) years of progressive experience in high-level technical and organizational support services.
The following qualifications are PREFERRED for this role:
- Knowledge of DoD Data Standards such as the Air Force Data Services Reference Architecture.
- Experience supporting either the DoD Chief Data or Chief Software Offices
- Air Force PlatformONE or CloudONE experience
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Due to our contractual requirements and an Executive Order from the White House, every federal government employee and onsite federal contractor will be asked to attest to their vaccination status. In the interest of health and safety during the continued unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, anyone who does not attest to being fully vaccinated will be required to follow CDC guidelines which may include (subject to specific contractual requirements): wearing a mask on the job no matter their geographic location, physically distancing from all other employees and visitors, complying to any screening testing requirements. This requirement will apply to Guidehouse employees who work onsite for the federal government.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program