At CARIAD, it’s our mission to transform automotive mobility for everyone, everywhere, making it safer, more sustainable, and more comfortable in every way. To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified technology and software platform, including a vehicle OS and cloud platform, as well as a unified architecture. As a 100% subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, we’re developing solutions for all of its brands, including Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche, and will bring our software to over 40 million vehicles by 2030.
Is this an easy task? Not at all! To tackle such a huge challenge, we need a great team. And that’s where you come in. You’ll join more than 5,000 CARIDIANS already working on the latest vehicle features and functions like automated driving, state-of-the-art charging technology, as well as a new digital ecosystem. Together, we’re bringing sustainable change to one of the largest companies in the world.
The Vehicle and Cloud Platform is composed of products like the VW.OS, the next generation of in-vehicle SW platform, or the VW Automotive Cloud, a cloud platform dedicated to automotive online services. Moreover, it covers enabling technologies like data collection and management, updateability and digital lifecycle management of all vehicle software, connectivity solutions and mobile online services.
We develop the overarching data platform for vehicle data which is used for data driven product development in CARIAD and all brands of Volkswagen Group. Assisted and automated driving functions are one of the main drivers of innovation in the automotive industry. With our unified data ecosystem, we empower our customers achieving value through outstanding data quality and performance. Therefore we offer vehicle data collections and sensor data (e.g., camera, radar, gps data) from vehicles which we anonymize, before making it available for general consumption. We enable the data-driven development, perform data services and create data products that are used to improve all kinds of products. As team we support each other by sharing best practices, knowledge and experience.
What You Will Do
- Build and support the core infrastructure or related tooling for our Azure-based Data Platform
- Be an engaged part in building a serverless data lake for vehicle data and services around it
- Create and maintain cloud infrastructure to ensure stable and consistent data delivery for business-critical data-driven applications and continuously improve of our data pipelines
- Accompany the infrastructure, implementation and deployment phases of the data delivery solutions
- Take on tasks such as the design and implementation of data and metadata services, data mergers on data platforms, metadata integration in data catalogs and automated development tools (CI/CD)
- Build and automate the infrastructure required for our ETL processes using infrastructure as a code approach
Who You Are
- Successfully completed studies in the field of computer science or a related field
- Work experience as a DataOps Engineer with experience in DevOps principles in a data environment
- Proven expertise working as a data platform engineer, ideally involved in building a Data Lake and experience with big data architecture on Azure and different Azure data services
- Familiar with CI/CD, containers, K8s, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience in maintaining DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Programming experience with Spark programming in Python/Scala and SQL as well as proven knowledge and experience in working with agile methods
- Fluent English language skills (oral and written)
NICE TO KNOW
- Remote work options
- Temporary work from abroad in selected countries
- Flextime / optional working hours
- Company pension plan
- Annual professional development
- Sabbatical option up to 6 months
- 30 days paid + 10 days unpaid leave
- Possibility for VW Group car leasing
- If you have further questions about the candidate journey at CARIAD, talk to Cari, our CARIAD Chatbot. Can’t see it? Check your settings or visit our FAQ