We are looking for an expert in Data Analysis and technical consulting to join our team who is driven to deliver valuable customer experiences. Our analysts are team-oriented, collaborative, and focus on delivering value in everything we do. We use agile methods to analyze, define and document business requirements for software solutions which align with organizational goals and help our clients achieve their desired outcomes. We support our clients in their digital product needs – from vision to roadmap to execution.
- Develop thorough understanding of the business context and objectives by, among other things, eliciting and analyzing requirements from all relevant stakeholders (business users, data engineers, data scientists, and similar).
- Able to operationalize business questions using data.
- Demonstrate understanding of relational databases, data architecture, and data modelling.
- Capable of building complex SQL statements to answer business questions.
- Experience designing conceptual data models/ entity relationship diagrams/ business process models.
- Able to transform and cleanse data using tools such as R, SQL, or Python.
- Able to interpret, understand, and explain data to clients.
- Basic knowledge of dashboard management and creation (drag and drop) for storytelling of regular information reports and ad-hoc requests.
- Build trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience documenting Data Analysis processes and outcomes.
- Industry or subject matter expertise (e.g., finance, employment, hospitality, web analytics).
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Computer Information Systems, Business Management, Engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in IT or related industry
- Prior consulting or client management experience preferred
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL skills
- Experience working with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Preferred experience with cloud analytics products such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Microsoft Azure
- Preferred knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to structure complex or undefined business problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to report and present findings to varying stakeholders
- Hands-on experience using tools to help clients make data-driven decisions
- Knowledge and practice of core Agile values and principles a plus
- Initiative to learn new strategies and trends to continue to educate self analytically, technically, and technologically
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- You'll work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, certified trainers, and internationally renowned speakers.
- We have a bring your own device workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice - Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences, in addition to tuition assistance for degrees and certifications.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- You can bike, drive, or metro to work - our commute reimbursement plan has you covered.
- You'll have fun! We hold monthly social events all year long, including a summer event for you and your family.
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.