As a subject matter expert, are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career with our Strategy and Operations Consulting practice, and work side by side with our Government and Public Services (GPS) clients to identify key business issues and to drive meaningful change. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients’ roadmaps to the future!Work you’ll do
As a Specialist Master within our Monitor Deloitte Strategy team, you will:
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects.
- Develop, transition, and test advanced AI and machine learning solutions for deployment to mission users in the client's secure infrastructure.
- Leverage deep subject matter knowledge on engagements.
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue.
- Display business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions.
- Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs.
- Responsible for managing solutions, delegating resources, and helping to ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables.
- Supervise the work of team members and support delivery teams and staff.
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process.
- Contribute to business development initiatives to grow our practice.
- Manage resources on client projects.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the GPS marketplace.
Our Monitor Deloitte Strategy team focuses on the needs of GPS clients as they make fundamental decisions about mission, priorities, and resource allocation. Our practitioners leverage both federal and commercial strategy experience to help our clients build innovative and strategic frameworks designed to solve their most complex problems. Join us to leverage your analytical capabilities to help innovate, drive mission execution and to help transform the GPS marketplace.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience in Data Science
- Thorough knowledge of Python one or more of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Knowledge of research design principles
- Knowledge of intelligence collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Must have TS/SCI security clearance w/ Polygraph
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for the employee sponsorship, now or anytime in the future
How you’ll grow
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- MBA, MPP, MPH
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Deloitte’s culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.