SESAMm (www.sesamm.com) extracts behavioral insights from millions of unstructured text data sources across the public internet in over 100 languages, helping clients distill valuable intelligence on businesses and their customers to make investment decisions and manage risk.
We work with many well-known firms around the world in private equity, investment banking, insurance, and asset management to apply Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence algorithms to track e-reputation, competitive positioning, sentiment analysis, risk and ESG factors.
SESAMm is growing quickly, with over 100 team members around the globe and offices in Paris, New York, London, Metz, Tunis, and Tokyo.
Key technologies: Alternative Data, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Quantitative Analysis.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you dream of joining a growing company, proposing new ideas, and taking part in innovative processes?
At SESAMm, everyone brings their ideas, skills, and creativity. We value collaboration, support and teamwork. We learn every day from the experience of this great team and we constantly take up new challenges. We are proud of the work accomplished and to participate in the success of this great adventure!The Data Scientist Intern Role
As part of the team, you will participate in client-facing projects. Your goal will be to extract the data from our textual data lake, perform data analysis on text data (NLP algorithms), data cleaning, train machine learning algorithms on different types of indicators or on textual data, and analyze the relevance of the modeling.Key Activities
An excellent level of English proficiency, very good interpersonal skills and strong motivation are required. The candidate will need to demonstrate autonomy and innovation in the face of a constantly changing environment. The list of tasks described is not necessarily exhaustive and may be modified according to the constraints of the company and the evolution of its needs.
- Detect patterns, implement tests and evaluate on datasets;
- Perform data preprocessing and feature engineering;
- Understand and generalize Machine Learning models;
- Use and evaluate relevant Machine Learning tools;
- Write analysis reports.
Desired Background And Skills
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (mathematics or data science) with strong IT skills
- A first internship in quantitative analysis or Machine Learning is a plus
- Fluent English speaker with good writing skills, an intermediate level of French would be a plus;
- Software: Strong skills in Python (Object-Oriented Programming) and Machine Learning libraries (Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, Keras, Plotly);
- Strong interest in complex Machine Learning models (supervised & unsupervised, deep learning etc.);
- In depth knowledge of Machine Learning principles and practices;
- Basic statistic knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and strong problem-solving capability
Benefits Of Working At SESAMm
- Strong skills in Natural Language processing with experience working with Large Language models (e.g. BERT);
- Usage of Cloud services as AWS is a plus;
- Usage of Docker is a plus;
- Optional: if you have a personal project that could be interesting for your application please attach a link to your github.
Flexibility: Team members can work remotely and have the opportunity to work with colleagues around the world.
Work environment: SESAMm is multicultural, with technology, sales, and management teams in the US, France, and Tunisia making important contributions to the company's growth.
Career development: SESAMm is growing quickly, which means the opportunities for your own growth are continually expanding, and that you can shape the company's culture and evolution.
Professional evolution: SESAMm values training and knowledge-sharing. We organize internally and externally led training sessions and pay for access to educational platforms.
Transparency: You will be kept apprised of the company's continuing evolution and performance through monthly Ask Me Anything meetings, frequent business/finance updates, and strategy-sharing discussions.
Well-being: Building a good culture is key to building a good business at SESAMm. We focus on being a learning organization that values and supports teamwork, thoughtfulness, and work/life balance.Job Specifics
- Location: Paris
- Duration: Internship
- Type of contract: Full time
- Start Date: As soon as possible